Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Hi,

Having trouble Installing new head unit and sub and thought id asked someone on here as know how friendly most are.

Got everything I need, sub has been tested and works. Tried installing myself with a mate but struggling with both cables from head unit to boot and also getting power from the battery.

Have a 57 plate Ibiza 1.2 ref sport

Happy to pay a little as a thank you to whomever can help me out!

Thanks!

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
If not, if anyone can suggest somewhere to go that would be helpful also! And yes I could google but recommendations based on service is a lot better. Also halfords won't install because I didn't buy the units from them!

marshey

Feb 25, 2012
essex
the power cable run down the passenger side. I ran through the little gromet behind suspension turret. It comes out behind the glove box. Which you will have to take out. Run the rca and remote down drivers side. It is tight but I have 3 pairs of rca's so. Then just run back under the sills both sides.

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Ive heard of a few people poking the power cable through a grommet in the firewall into the passengers footwell, then under the carpet / door trim to the boot, however i couldn't find this grommet so i took it behind the passengers wing, down the side of the door and in through the sheathing that the window and speaker wires for the door go through, into the passenger footwell. If that makes sense. people say wires can get trapped by the door but ive had no problems.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Ive heard of a few people poking the power cable through a grommet in the firewall into the passengers footwell, then under the carpet / door trim to the boot, however i couldn't find this grommet so i took it behind the passengers wing, down the side of the door and in through the sheathing that the window and speaker wires for the door go through, into the passenger footwell. If that makes sense. people say wires can get trapped by the door but ive had no problems.

I'd advise against this, just to be on the safe side. Would also cause problems depending what gauge cable you're running.

Mine is run through a grommet above the suspension turret, to the top right of the battery. Takes some fiddling to get it through but it does eventually come down into the passenger footwell.

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Thanks for your replys all! Ill try unscrewing the glove box tomoz and giving it another go. Wasn't aware of the suspension part (if anyone could post a pic that would be amazing). I'm deffo going to be making a guide for complete newbs like myself!

On another note, have been playing around with the plastic housing around the glovebox (didn't unscrew) it now only opens half way and won't physically move further down. I'm sure I've read this is a common problem but considering I haven't moved or Unclipped any of the plastic it's a bit strange that this suddenly happened!

Cheers again

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Ignore the glovebox for now lol, has anyone else installed a MVH-8300BT into their car, if so what did you do about the arial connection on the back, I assume you need some sort of adapter?

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Does anyone have any pics of the engine bay where they fed the power cable through? Still struggling with this aspect.

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Also do you need anything special to make the single din stereo sit flush in the dash as at the moment you can see about 1/2inch of metal, and no matter of pushing will make it 'click' into place.

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Also do you need anything special to make the single din stereo sit flush in the dash as at the moment you can see about 1/2inch of metal, and no matter of pushing will make it 'click' into place.

Make sure the wires arent getting trapped behind the head unit, i moved my HU to the lower spot and it required a bit of modification of the plastic at the back to allow the wires to fit in right.

kors

i read all the post about this grommet that ppl have been putting the cable through. i didn't use that route i made 2 holes where the passenger footwell/ dashboard area and just ran my two cables through. i used loads of insulation tape so the cable wouldn't get damaged on the sharp edge

kors

for the running of cables, i removed the rear passenger door card and the bit of trim along the bottom that goes to the front, u will see other cables running through i managed to get 2 aux cables, 2 power cables. 2 speaker cables and the RCA through the same root so there aint a problem with size

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
for the running of cables, i removed the rear passenger door card and the bit of trim along the bottom that goes to the front, u will see other cables running through i managed to get 2 aux cables, 2 power cables. 2 speaker cables and the RCA through the same root so there aint a problem with size

I ran my cables the same through the car, however i ran the RCA cables down the drivers side and power cables down the passenger side to stop the whining caused by interference from the power cable.

kors

I ran my cables the same through the car, however i ran the RCA cables down the drivers side and power cables down the passenger side to stop the whining caused by interference from the power cable.

i Haven't had any whining so its all gd :D

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Hi All,

Success (almost) - I found a couple of bidding helpers at work today (I actually live in Buckinghamshire) and we managed to get the power cable through the gromet at the top right of the engine bay and then removing the side panel when the door is open (near the air vent) was able to easily grab the cable.

Then, to make getting to the back of the head unit easier, we removed the plastic covering over the stereo (effectively making the full space for a double din stereo) and then laid on the floor and push the cables up and again they were easily accessible through the double din slot.

At the moment, all the cables are running down passenger side in the plastic covering just inside the door. If there is any interference then I will get the guys to run it the other side.

QUESTION:

At the moment, although the cables are connected including the "yellow cable" at the back of the head unit, the memory isnt being stored. This means everytime I load up I have to go into the settings and change the sound, background etc. on the HU. Any suggestions for this?

I will try and get some more pics tomorrow and do a bit of an overview as I wouldn't of been able to work this out myself without the help of 2 experienced car geeks (one of them was actually in max power about 12 years ago lol).

Thanks for all your responses.

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Switch the red and yellow cables over, so red into yellow and yellow into red.
This should sort your memory issue :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.