anyone off to Le Mans? Check this out

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Yes, we're going and have downloaded that, it is indeed a great preview. They should sell it at the circuit, make a fortune.

The Autosport one is full of errors and out-of-date information, but it's tradition that you get it, isn't it?

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I usually go to le mans every year but this year I'm trying the 24 hour nurburgring which is on the same weekend for a change. There are a few seats racing there, it should be fun to watch. Anyone been there before for a 24 hour race, any idea what it is like?

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
siwel said:
I usually go to le mans every year but this year I'm trying the 24 hour nurburgring which is on the same weekend for a change. There are a few seats racing there, it should be fun to watch. Anyone been there before for a 24 hour race, any idea what it is like?
:lol:

Can't see how watching anything at the Nerberg would be fun.... 20 cars go past.... then a 10 mins wait for them to come past again! LOL.

My sister went to the GP this weekend with my Pa... She said it was good, but Im pretty sure I had a better seat in front my of TV at home ... with a beer watching ALL the action form the whole track, rather than a 1/4 mile strech infront of me.

Although I suppose it's the atmos that is worth going for.

Last edited:

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Yep you can't really watch it for 24 hours non stop it would put you to sleep lol. The fun is the entire event, waching night racing with the exhausts and brake disks glowing going off having drinks meeting people, than back to watch some more racing etc. I went to the british GP a few years ago and as I'm use to endurance events I was surprised how quickly it finished.

I queued for 2 hours to get there. Got in, the race started, I got a coffee and burger found a good place to stand and then the race finished, then 2.5 hours queue to leave the place, terrible.

Last time I was in the ring I was on the track so I can't imagine it'll be any where near as much fun to watch as to race but still a laugh in anycase.

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Muzorewa said:
Yes, we're going and have downloaded that, it is indeed a great preview. They should sell it at the circuit, make a fortune.

The Autosport one is full of errors and out-of-date information, but it's tradition that you get it, isn't it?

Im down there too this weekend. Going Thursday and back Monday. It should be a good weekend and the weather looks like it should hold out aswell.

So its going to be Beer:England Match:Beer:Beer:Watch a bit of the racing:Watch some more footy:and probably a bit more beer.:cheers:

Where are you camping? might see you there, Im bound to bump into you amongst the 250,000 expected crowd:happy:

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
siwel said:

one of my best mates is doing taking part. Peter Cate is his name and he will be in a Honda Civic Type R, last couple of years, its been Black. www.petercate.com

keep an eye out and he always welcomes pics from the 24h of his car,,,,so many cars out there, that its hard to find piccys.

enjoy!!!

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I'll keep an eye out for him, see if I can get any pics :) :)

I'm off tomorrow morning, can't wait :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.