anyone own one?

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
lol, one of my customers bought a 1.6, loves it for his young family, can fit everything in it and is a very relaxed drive, knows its not a great looker but is going to run it into the ground as it was so cheap

each to their own :thumbup:

Redcupra20vt

Jan 9, 2004
kent
Visit site
i had one as a courtesy car. Thought it was brilliant. very economical and for what you get, they are v good value for money. However the looks really let it down.

But i can see its the thinking mans family car. Cheap to buy, cheap to run / own and you can get all the kids kit in it no probs.

Paul

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
andyb said:
just wondering, this section is very quiet:whistle:

You dont have to use your real name :):cartman:

I admit it - I've got one. :D

The cars look has grown on me, the big arse take a bit of getting used to!!
But, it does give a very useful size boot.

You are correct though, the new Toldeo section is very quiet.
I usually post in the Altea section, as there are lots of knowledgeable people there and it's virtually the same car anyway.
Cheers,
John.

topolino

I own one!
2.0 TDI Sport, eclipse blue, 54 plate.
I wanted an Altea but needed the larger boot. Yep, the back takes some getting used to, but I don't care because I can't see it when I drive and the boot IS huge, especially if you remove the false floor.
I like the performance, the space, the economy, I don't like the looks at the back, the hard plastic of the dashboard, the red lighting of the radio screen that glows too bright at night and the fact that m model missed out on the parking sensors: this car is a bitch to park due to the poor visibility.
What you get for the money is pretty good and hard to beat.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
new toledo..

i own one now and am not a family man!!only 21!! but cracker deal on them at a dealer and got rid of my done 206 in process. 1.9tdi, not most powerfull in range (least in the diesels!) but it goes well. lluvia blue and usuals on it. great car, have 50min drive to work on busy/back roads so suits me, do loads of miles too.

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
I got one.

I have a 1.9TDi Reference. 5 weeks old just under 4000 miles.

Love it, comfy, economical.

Get a vibration/shudder from the engine when coming off a trailing throttle and accelerating through 65-80mph.

I think an engine map upgrade can cure this problem off to the dealers next week to sout at them till it is fixed.

Just looking for an iPod interface. Main dealer seems to be pretty competitive on price.

Cheers
Gaz

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
But i can see its the thinking mans family car. Cheap to buy, cheap to run / own and you can get all the kids kit in it no probs.
octavia vrs,think how much better it looks and more boot space.not so cheap new ,but last of the line mk1 are being given away.
sorry very off topic.back to the altea having a poo:D

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
I got one too

OK, I admit, I own a 2 month old, 6000 km (4500 mi) 1.9 tdi 105hp PD Refrerence, metallic bronze.

Things I like:

The huge boot (took out the false floor on the first day, never put it back...who needs it anyway ?

The loads of headroom, the loads of footroom, the big square doors

Things I hate:

Pretty all of the knight rider 'improvements' which achieve nothing except annoyance from everyone, eg:

automatic anti-hijack locking, with a stupidly placed 'open' button

goddam annoying beeper to tell you you didnt put your seatbelt on yet ( I hate law enforcing cars...what next...will it complain i am speeding??)

Poor MPG .....45 mpg average...maybe the engine is still too new and stiff ??:(

Poor rear visibility when parallel parking:shrug:

but above all else....the most useless, futile, idiot-designed reversing lamp ever fitted to a car !!!! What the hell was the designer thinking ? Has he ever reversed a car in the dark ? :wtf: Does he know why you want a reversing lamp in the first place ? :shrug: Does he realise that is has a function other than looking sweet placed on one side 6" above the ground right behind the NS rear wheel so taht it is always covered in spray and mud ??? AAAArrrgggHHH !!!![:@] :censored:

Other than the above, and about 99 othe rminor gripes, it does what it says on the tin for a bargain price....and with a boot that could swallow a horse (without the false floor). Thats why I bought it.....its no Ferarri, and the rear end did fall straight off the ugly tree, but its a big cheap Golf that drags the kids, prams, suitcases, shopping etc round the suburban working class jungle in a reliable and efficient manner...so who cares ?:bleh:

ps: I did experience the same shuddering / labouring from the engine when picking up power in 5th gear from about 1500rpm....but it seems to be improving as the weeks go by....but its a much less frisky engine than the old non-PD TDI engine that was in my MK II Toledo. Ithasnt the same pulling power or acceleration...but maybe it will free out in time ??

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Cure for Juddering.

Just been to have a chat to my dealer.

They are aware of this issue and a software update for the ECU is available.

Mine is getting doen on Tuesday...

Gaz

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
OK, I admit, I own a 2 month old, 6000 km (4500 mi) 1.9 tdi 105hp PD Refrerence, metallic bronze.

Things I hate:

but above all else....the most useless, futile, idiot-designed reversing lamp ever fitted to a car !!!! What the hell was the designer thinking ? Has he ever reversed a car in the dark ? :wtf: Does he know why you want a reversing lamp in the first place ? :shrug: Does he realise that is has a function other than looking sweet placed on one side 6" above the ground right behind the NS rear wheel so taht it is always covered in spray and mud ??? AAAArrrgggHHH !!!![:@] :censored:

That's funny, I didn't realise mine even had a reversing light ;)
I don't think that the rear end of the car could survive unscathed without the parking s:) ensors

John.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
The new Toledo is very very very ugly. :ban:
The rear of the car reminds me of the contour behind a dinasours head.:wtf:
No body kit can solve that error and make it appeal to me.:-o
I could only imagine Jason Platos first expression when he first saw it.:banned:
In my own words its an unfinished project just like the current BMW 5 and the BMW 3.:shrug:
I wonder who endorsed these projects.:shrug:
They should be publicly flogged.[:@]

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Experienced the shuddering when the engine labouring a bit, shouldnt reallydo this at the revs im doing! prob a stupid question but is it a recall or, or they gonna sting us for the ECU s/w upgrade??

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
New ECU software.

Just take it to your dealer. This is a known issue with the Altea/Toledo and should be sorted for no charge.. :)

Gaz

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
That what i wanted to hear! leaving it in to get scraps sorted out, were on car before i picked it up, they rang to tell me bout them on day of picking it up!will mention that to them when am in?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.