Anyone with DRLs fitted?

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
hmm look pretty good, be interested to see if people have them installed, different to merc audi and bmw's were as its not strips plus fog's are boring lol ;)

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
DRLs are obviously the "in" thing at the moment but If I put anything in my fog holes it will be a cold air feed or spotlights.
I normally run with my sidelights on anyway in low light. LED sidelights look a bit like DRLs I guess :)

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
Check out my angel eye fogs in my RR thread :)

link in my sig

They look quite good actually.

Just a bit of feeback fro you though... would it not have made more sense to wire into a switched live (could have used heated seats fuse for example) so you didn't have to have a switch. They would then just come on/off with the ignition. Also would they dim if given a lower voltage? You could be really clever and use a relay and a resistor to make them dim when the main headlights come on (as per OEM drls).

I emailed the ebay seller of the above LED lights and he said they just switch off when headlights turned on and not dim which is annoying.

phil

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
that's to complicated for me haha, plus i only turn them on if the suns not out, don't really do much if it is. and I like them bright at night :)

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
They look nice and smart.

I took my inspiration in searching for these type from the MK2 Fabia vRS:

562110_10151768336395029_856565028_24508185_373924094_n.jpg

Might give them a try. Pretty decent price wise.

Phil

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
that's to complicated for me haha, plus i only turn them on if the suns not out, don't really do much if it is. and I like them bright at night :)

Just be careful then as they don't meet the requirements for being DRL's. They must either switch off or dim when other lights are switched on.

They must also come on automatically with the ignition.

Phil

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
Just be careful then as they don't meet the requirements for being DRL's. They must either switch off or dim when other lights are switched on.

They must also come on automatically with the ignition.

Phil

oh well never been pulled and passed an MOT, plus im not a car manufacturer do things how i like :p

Last edited:

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
Soo these DRL's turn off when the main headlights turn on... So how come fog lights only switch on when are head/side lights are on? Using the same switch :/
Surely they should stay on as they are a health and safety precaution, thts being inposed to all new cars.

Anyone wanna do a step by step on how to install them into the relay switch of heated seats? One for dummies :whistle:

RW20VT

May 12, 2011
Wigan, Manchester
I have just bought a set of these

Come on when ignition is turned on and dim to 70% when sidelights are turned on.
they wire to an ignition feed ad a switch wire to the headlight circuit which trips the relay system they come with.
I'll post some pics/a vid when i've fitted them.

RW20VT

May 12, 2011
Wigan, Manchester
I got a message from the eBay seller saying the lamps I will receive are the type that switch off when sidelights are switched on as they have new stock. I don't mind, I like having lights on during the day so will save running the hids dipped beam all day.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
when i bought my aero bumper it came with fog light blanks, so i dremeled them out and added a cheaper version of the round drls as above. i just wired them into the fog light switch though. i think they looked pretty good too. dont have any pictures of them on though unfortunately.

fitted

5c6ccbbb.jpg

i took them off because i fancied the laminex look for a while which i actually prefer now

c37512cb.jpg

11c60dcd.jpg

Last edited:

RW20VT

May 12, 2011
Wigan, Manchester
I fitted the drls from the ad posted earlier, they come on with the ignition and switch off when the sidelights come on.
I'll try n get a proper pic.
na7u8e9e.jpg

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
I fitted the drls from the ad posted earlier, they come on with the ignition and switch off when the sidelights come on.
I'll try n get a proper pic.
na7u8e9e.jpg

hey how easy were these to fit? would you recommend them?

RW20VT

May 12, 2011
Wigan, Manchester
yeah, they were pretty easy to fit, they come with brackets etc.
I used epoxy resin to attach the brackets to the back of the foglight surround rather than trying to fix them to the standard fog mounts.

They wire directly to a 12v ignition feed (I used the headunit power supply cable)
and then the switch wire to either your sidelight or headlight positive wire, depending on how you want them to function.

One of my mates just bought some led foglight bulbs and a drl wiring harness, using his stock foglight housings as DRLs, they work but aren't as bright as mine.

harryjamesnorm

Oct 12, 2014
Brighton
yeah, they were pretty easy to fit, they come with brackets etc.
I used epoxy resin to attach the brackets to the back of the foglight surround rather than trying to fix them to the standard fog mounts.

They wire directly to a 12v ignition feed (I used the headunit power supply cable)
and then the switch wire to either your sidelight or headlight positive wire, depending on how you want them to function.

One of my mates just bought some led foglight bulbs and a drl wiring harness, using his stock foglight housings as DRLs, they work but aren't as bright as mine.

The link you supplied has expired, is there an equivalent online now?

Also, how did you black the front lip and number plate hold? Using vinyl or spray?