APR stage 2

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
Anyone got APR Stage 2 or know anyone with it. I've got stage 1 and I love how smooth it is but the bhp figures I don't think are as high as say REVO or other maps. I want the likes of 290bhp from a stage 2 but want to know if it's capable of it

JPS1

Cupra Of Death!!!
Nov 12, 2009
Stoke On Trent
I have APR stage 2 on my LCR but no figures as yet. The map has plenty of torque and feels more aggressive as the stage 1 map but doubt its anywhere near 290bhp. I reckon It's realistically 260bhp but the torque and the delivery of it makes it feel more. I've compared it with a mates revo'd LCR and I don't think there's much between them if anything my APR mapped car felt like it has more torque.

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
I've noticed that from my stage 1, very Torquey but people get near 260 with a stage one map. I don't want over kill with torque cos of my gear box. Suppose better delivery with lower bhp is just as good as a big lump of power in one burst that can't be pit down

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Anyone got APR Stage 2 or know anyone with it. I've got stage 1 and I love how smooth it is but the bhp figures I don't think are as high as say REVO or other maps. I want the likes of 290bhp from a stage 2 but want to know if it's capable of it

We usually advertise a conservative average and our competitors will advertise an "up to" figure, but it's always best to get a before and after dyno to see the delta instead of chasing an exact number. Now, go get your car on the rollers! :D

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
We usually advertise conservatively and our competitors will advertise an "up to" figure, but it's always best to get a before and after dyno to see the delta instead of chasing an exact number. Now, go get your car on the rollers! :D

Can I ask, is the AMK code the same as the BAM code, I have the LCR 210, would I expect to see the same results from a stage one.

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Can I ask, is the AMK code the same as the BAM code, I have the LCR 210, would I expect to see the same results from a stage one.

AMK results are typically similar to BAM, which unfortunately leaves the BAM guys a little disappointed! Again, each car is different so it's best for you to do before and after runs to see exactly how much power has been gained.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
I did, got 203 before and then 223 after the map, was told that I should see a lot more, the car was checked but no issues. I came back a few weeks later and had it flashed again after I was told they liaised with APR re the problem, never had it RR though, thought it the garage would have done it as a matter of course just to make sure I got more power.

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Ah, yours is the car from Awesome that seemed it wasn't making power. We brought an AMK car to our HQ to recalibrate our software in an effort to get more power for this engine. Did you receive a file update yet?

Email me your details and I'll get the ball rolling if no. [email protected]

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
Ha, yep thats me, its not that I dont trust Awesome, far from it, they have been really good, they did the re flash, just cos I wasnt offered a rolling road to see what I got, things just niggle at you, especially when your spending a lot of cash. Am I going to have the same issue with a stage 2

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
I'm not positive they typically offer rolling roads after every reflash, but I understand where you're coming from. When do you plan on going to stage 2? I'll make sure the file changes applied to your software currently are also done so for the stage 2 remap. Feel free to call or email if you ever need anything!

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
Next couple of weeks, just need to decide which turbo back im getting, once im ready to go I will give you the heads up so you can be prepared for the call from Awesome ha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.