Armrest for 'S' Model.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
As my car is not the "SE" I don't have the armrest... something I wanted.

I've came across this one on eBay, has anyone else tried one of these... how do they look?

What do others think?

eBay link

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Here is the images from the auction.

240072.jpg

mittel-konsole.jpg

£26 - Just don't want it being too tacky looking.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
the mkIV golf one fits and one from seat is about £80
mate it is prob worth investing as it will have a material finish....that one does look a bit tacky IMO

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I'm considering getting it, cutting a hole in the rear of the center-console doesn't sound like a good idea though.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Ok, thats it ordered for £55 seems OK and appears to be the same as the OEM one.

I'll take some pics and let you know how it goes.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is the arm rest from the mk4 the same as the one form the Toledo? My bro has one he took from his mk4 before he sold it and I would be keen to fit it if it is the same and fits without any problems.....

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Lifted centre console and had a poke about today to see how the item fits, its a peice of piss really.

I'm popping out tonight to get a sort of multi-tool and some other bits and bobs I need.

I'm going to fit the armrest and gather images on Wednesday - if your desparate for an armrest go ahead and order one, I'll make a simple tutorial on Wednesday... should only take about half an hour to fit the item.

You'll need :

• Torx Screwdriver (T20)
  • Flathead Screwdriver
  • Something to lever the centre console (I used Torx Screwdriver box)
  • Alan keys (8mm and 6mm I think??)
  • Something to cut away rear coin tray (Why I need a multi-tool)
  • Socket Set with 10mm Socket

Last edited:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Still looks like the same item though mate.

I've measured everything up and it seems OK, I'll post a range of images on Wednesday... and a summary of how it went.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Okay, I fitted the armrest today, took me around 45 mins (had a stray cat kept trying to jump into my car too).

Okay first of all, I forgot to take my camera out with me, but I think these images would be the exact same, the bracket is slightly different but fitting is the same.

Right, this is what my original setup was like.

current_setup.jpg

Here are the fittings you require (You may have 2 scews rather than bolts)

clips.jpg

First thing I done was loosened the centre console, it does not need to be removed for fitting, it can be a little tight at some stages but you can get it done no problem.

Open your drivers door and find the blanking plate shown below.

blankplate.jpg

Pop it off with a flathead screwdriver and you will have....

blankplateopen.jpg

To remove this you will need a Torx T20 screwdriver. Once removed repeat at the passenger side, after this, slide both front seats forward and tilt as far forward as you can.

Remove your ashtray and remove the two Torx T20 screws you see.

ashtray_removed.jpg

Check the console is now slack and find something to hold it up whilst you work underneath.

console_lifted.jpg

Fit brass clips over these two holes (From the RIGHT hand side)
clips_here.jpg

and
clip_here.jpg

Put screw in the bolt/screw to make sure its ligned up ok, then remove.

Find the bolt shown below and remove it, put the extension peice you have been provided over the current thread. Keep the bolt for later.

remove_nut.jpg

Like so...

extension_here.jpg

Next, get whatever your going to cut with out, I used a dremmel multitool, cut the inner flatpeice out of the rear coin tray, you MAY need to cut more off later (I did) but do just the inside bit first to be sure... should look like this.

hole_cut.jpg

Next, take your bracket and place it over the fittings, screw in the screws/bolts and fix everything into place.

bracket_fitted.jpg

Keep in mind my bracket was slightly different, but fitting is the same.

At this point check if the armrest fits well into the hole, if not you may need to cut some more (PITA) I used a little sanding peice which took longer but kept everything smooth.

When it fits in ok, lower your console to its original state but don't screw back in yet, at this point you place the armrest over the bracket and fit it into place (With alan keys), once its fixed into place the jobs done.

After this, I removed all mats, tools etc and gave the car a full hoovering, even where the new bracket was fitted as this and the whole car was full of plastic dust and shavings, I then screwed the centre console back into place, fixed seats, ashtray and tidied up a bit and jobs a goodun!

armrest_fitted.jpg

My armrest didn't match my interior pefect (similar to the image above) but it does look good, and no jaggy bits of plastic.

After a little drive, I recommend this to everyone! The handbrake isn't too much of an issue, and the armrest can but put right back if need be.

If you ever want rid of the armrest, you can remove all the brackets etc and put a Mk4 Golf coin tray (removable on the Golf 4) into the hole you cut.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.