Arona misbuild

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Just popped into lakeside seat where they have an Fr sport in monsoon grey. Whilst having a look around I notice the front passenger door had a cloth insert instead of letherette like the order 3 doors (it has alcantara interior).

Just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else has the same issue?

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
You have leatherette at the back doors as well?

Front and back door pics attached.
7f37f7907faac6e6d365faf1bc10c6d6.jpg
485bd5d42766a27c412d34698492c53b.jpg

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah leatherette, on all 3 but front passenger door is cloth. Made me laugh, should've mentioned it to them to really lol

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Ok, just realized you might be talking about the door insert and not the door armrest bit. :p

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah sorry, door Insert is what I meant 3 woth letherette one with cloth, I hope someone on here doesn't end up with it

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Is that an Fr steering wheel I see??? Wow! I thought having no options would make the cars easier to build??

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Free 'upgrade' for someone, don't suppose they moaned about it.
Will be interesting to see if there are any build 'errors' on the new Leon tomorrow. Personally I'd be made-up if they've fitted 'wrong' 16" wheels rather than the fussy multi-spoke 17's it's supposed to have:D

Update - No build errors noticed so far, so the correct oversized fussy alloys it has, fitted with equally oversized Dunlops.
If it were mine I'd be itching to do a swapsie ASAP with a VAG car owner tired of their immaculate 15/16 inch rims - but it's not upto me.

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Free 'upgrade' for someone, don't suppose they moaned about it.
Will be interesting to see if there are any build 'errors' on the new Leon tomorrow. Personally I'd be made-up if they've fitted 'wrong' 16" wheels rather than the fussy multi-spoke 17's it's supposed to have:D

Was headlight washers on the Leon (2013) with LED headlights (but not with winter pack which inc heated seats) a mistake? it didn't seem very consistent, some Leons from 2013 had LED headlights, but not washers...and those who had them, had winterpack and heated seats...:confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members