Arosa cupra 1.8 20v help please

Bobby_B

hi folks ive just joined up 2day for a bit of help on a pacific matter ive decided to get a lil project and concidered the usual golf mk 2 gti turbo conversion etc but all have been done.

having a seat ibiza mk3 sport at the min, like the seat engine build know my way around it and decided/ "thinking" of getting and arosa and droping a cupra r engine in to it ( for a laught) plus somehing ive reserched and not found another one of .

Has it been done before the big question for me ???

I know the troubles involved first dropping a brick into a corned beef tin may tip it on its nose .

but ive had a vision, a big vision of a completly stock arosa, only lowered with cupra leather interior and and meaty inercooler at the front and couple a offical cupra badges with ppl iching their heads. basically one looking it as just rolled off the manufaterers line. (common we all have dreams)

ive got the funding, and support in relations and friends who have done conversions in past one of whome is a machanic has well

But is it doable and would it be worthy of a seat mag lol or is it mental.

any words of wisdom please:help:

regards rob

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Cupra R engine - thats the same as the usual 1.8T isn't it? In which case its perfectly possible, but does tend to make the car a bit front heavy....

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
the 1.8T conversion has been done before a couple of times - so if the LCR engine is the same size/type as most of the other VAG 1.8T engines, it would work :)

Bobby_B

dam its been done as i thought it may have even though i can't find any when i googled it for 4 hours lol

ive took the measurments and yer it does fit, oviousally now it must as i find out its already been done.

the only thing i thought is that the radiator may have to be put in the boot with a couple if intakes at the sides, look cool maybe :funk: it think

cheers

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
put it this way it has been done , and they have been raced round tracks . you will need custom engine mounts , custom driveshafts , youll have to splice the 1800 wiring loom to the standard arosa wiring loom to retain most features ie leccy windows , or if your feeling brave change the whole wiring loom . then modify the dash to take the clocks from the 1800 block . all in its a pig of a job to do but is do-able

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
speak to jbs.
they fitted a 20vt into a lupo for ibizacupra(bill)'s wife jan.
handles very very well.

Bobby_B

cheers was it a blue lupo by any chance the engine bays on the site looks like a snug fit if it is

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
put it this way it has been done , and they have been raced round tracks . you will need custom engine mounts , custom driveshafts , youll have to splice the 1800 wiring loom to the standard arosa wiring loom to retain most features ie leccy windows , or if your feeling brave change the whole wiring loom . then modify the dash to take the clocks from the 1800 block . all in its a pig of a job to do but is do-able

So glad iv found this....i have a complete seat arosa work and tdi bora current daily car im doing this conversion u say splic into the arosa wiring any pics or help with that or would it be easier to rip out currenr wiring loom and use the bora loom .... I beg some1 helps as i carnt start prject till i step over this hurdle.

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
dam its been done as i thought it may have even though i can't find any when i googled it for 4 hours lol

ive took the measurments and yer it does fit, oviousally now it must as i find out its already been done.

the only thing i thought is that the radiator may have to be put in the boot with a couple if intakes at the sides, look cool maybe :funk: it think

cheers

VW Lupo is the same shell, 1.8t been dropped into these on numerous occasions, check clublupo for more info.

Pete

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Your best off buying a cheap Ibiza cupra 20vt as then you will have all that you need. Don't bother with the expensive bam engine as its no different to the other 1.8t blocks there all basically the same. Atleast with the Ibiza you will have the smaller 5speed box which will be easier to fit I guess.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.