Ateca automatically unlocks after parked ~30 min when sitting in it

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
If I park up somewhere for a break, to take care of some work or even more dangerous to take a nap, I notice after about 30 mimutes the car automatically unlocks itself. This seems to be when all the systems shut off (like radio).

How do I prevent this from happening? Any ideas?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Lock the doors with the key fob but disable the internal motion sensor? I think you can disable the sensor in vcds. But on some models can't you press the lock button again or hold it down or something? Might be in the manual.

Tell

Staff member
That's a new one. Apart from squeezing the key in the pocket which is common may be an undocumented safety feature ?. Can't say I've ever locked myself in it when parked up. You do a double press on the remote to lock with the movement sensors off. Don't know how that works with the central locking button inside. Never tried but have tested the pet parking / ferry crossing feature with the co driver in it which is what the double click in the remote button to lock does it... You won't find a disable button that was documented least in earlier handbooks.

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Just tried the idea of double-pressing the lock button on the key fob. I drive long distances quite often, it's quite important to be able to (safely!) take some rest once in a while when driving throughout the night. Don't want to be parked up at night closing my eyes for an hour at a French Autoroute or German Autobahn and then the car suddenly unlocking itself while some thugs are preying on me!

Tell

Staff member
Just tried the idea of double-pressing the lock button on the key fob. I drive long distances quite often, it's quite important to be able to (safely!) take some rest once in a while when driving throughout the night. Don't want to be parked up at night closing my eyes for an hour at a French Autoroute or German Autobahn and then the car suddenly unlocking itself while some thugs are preying on me!

Don't know whether you have Kessy. It may sense you are in the car with the keys which might cause the behaviour or not.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise