Audi RS4 alloy wheels on leon mk1

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
I've bought mu car with the Audi RS4 alloy wheels and the original ones. The Audi's are cool however the Audi badge is really annoying me. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do here. I've been told that you can remove the badge and stick a custom made one on. There must be surely an alternative solution, i.e. replacement caps? I dont mind if the badge is plain or has the Seat logo.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
have a search on my posts from 2002,2003 I think

You cant get a badge that fits perfectly, so..

remove the audi rings, carefully fill the hole with filler and smooth.

get a SEAT badge cut in vinyl to fit in the diameter of the centre cap BUT cover the old rings. IIRC I did have to stretch the logo slightly.

Put sticker on - looks the business

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
heres best pic I can find...
4_small.jpg

Larger pic here http://www.seatcupra.net/users/andyb/Leon_0205/4.jpg

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
That is spot on.. exactly what i want. Thanks andy

Does anyone in the London area know where i can get a SEAT badge cut in vinyl? or even ordered from anywhere

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
Thanks andy, i went to their website and its not available. Will try again tomorrow.

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
if you get he centres made, remember to get the diameter at the hihest part of the centre cap as its slightly curved. If you just measure the dark grey bit, it will be a little too small (as it sits on the curved bit)

Keep trying Vinyl store. If you want to get the diameter of the dark grey bit and the length of the Audi rings, I can do the artwork for you and get the size right, so you can take that file to a signwriters. (I have the SEAT logo)

No disrespect to Steveo, but I found the sticker looked better and more OE than a badge as that covers the whole centre section

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
hi, well thats wat i want but the S' doesnt look centre in the circle, i would like it on a gloss back ground and maybe shiney/chrome S'.... this is apic of the centre cap tho

DSC00072.jpg

Sully83

Hey,

I am in exatly the same position. I have the 17" wheels form the Audi TT and they have the exact same center caps.

Anyone who is going to get any made please let me know and i'll come in on the order with you, might even get us a discount if we get more made?

Please let me know!

Cheers,

James

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
Hey,

I am in exatly the same position. I have the 17" wheels form the Audi TT and they have the exact same center caps.

Anyone who is going to get any made please let me know and i'll come in on the order with you, might even get us a discount if we get more made?

Please let me know!

Cheers,

James

I've the audi TT 6 spoke and need these too

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
OK guys. Get me a measurement of the dark grey area AND the overall size of the Audi rings. I'll then tweak my SEAT artwork for Linz who I'm sure will do you her best deal.

let me know dims. Dont foget, those with real Audi wheels will need to fill the recess where the rings are, but thats easy enough

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
Hi Andy

I found the spare caps that were supplied with the alloys. They measure 4 1/4 inches in diameter. If you could do the art work then that whould be cool.

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
Andy, what do you mean by:

those with real Audi wheels will need to fill the recess where the rings are

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Ok .... some good news ive found some seat wheel badges that are perfect size for the rs4 centre caps, the s logo has a 3d look and i think they look the dogs bollocks compared to the stick on made up badges. they come on a centre cap from the dealer but its easy to remove also they sorta made out of plastic so not much bend in them so people with audi rings u will need it flatish.

Part number - 6k0 601 149 P

only bad thing is that they are £8 pound something each, the size is just under 90mm which is perfect fit i'll post some more pics when i have them fitted:whistle:

DSC00082.jpg