Audi? Umm no SEAT please....

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Oh pass i have no idea

the car is pretty stock, according to my Audi app the only options i have are sat nav and bluetooth.

If i didn’t have a kid i would never of known, but they are very very handy.

when i got it i though the rear childlocks were broken as i couldn’t get them to work, read the manual and was mind blown that there was a button for them rather than the old manual key in door shut job
It's the little thing mate.

Reactions: BigJase88

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I have a button on my 02 mk1 cupra that unlocks the back doors? Lol plus grandma prefers my brothers Audi

Also we get these carpets because all our seals leak and they didn’t want to ruin plush carpets should’ve given us tiled wet room floors in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
I have a button on my 02 mk1 cupra that unlocks the back doors? Lol plus grandma prefers my brothers Audi

Also we get these carpets because all our seals leak and they didn’t want to ruin plush carpets should’ve given us tiled wet room floors in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why didn't they correct that problem (door seals) surly many complainted

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sl1ced

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
No doubt Audis have better quality trim here and there, and a few nicer touches, the question is whether you think that worth 5 grand over a Seat/Skoda. Also VW/Audi are less reliable generally for no specific reason. Im not buying the notion that 'Audi drivers will be fussier than a skoda driver'. Take away the pettier things an owner might claim for and they are still a lot worse, on the big things.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
No doubt Audis have better quality trim here and there, and a few nicer touches, the question is whether you think that worth 5 grand over a Seat/Skoda. Also VW/Audi are less reliable generally for no specific reason. Im not buying the notion that 'Audi drivers will be fussier than a skoda driver'. Take away the pettier things an owner might claim for and they are still a lot worse, on the big things.

BIB - interesting claim... anything to back that up?

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
BIB - interesting claim... anything to back that up?
Literally every reliability survey. There are exceptions of course, but generally the trend by manufacturer is that Skoda beats seat, who beats VW who beats audi.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Literally every reliability survey. There are exceptions of course, but generally the trend by manufacturer is that Skoda beats seat, who beats VW who beats audi.

What are the response rates to those sorts of surveys? Bear in mind there are currently 32.9 million cars registered in the UK... do you really think a survey of a few thousand people is giving you a true picture?

The first survey you find on google if you search for car manufacturer reliability index is a sample size of 50k, which is less than 0.2% of cars registered in the UK.

Also consider that VW and Audi sell significantly more cars than Skoda and Seat.

Data from DVLA shows that between Audi and VW there's currently 4.62 million cars registered in the UK and 1.38 million between Seat and Skoda.

You can't be surprised if there's more people complaining about VW / Audi cars when there's 3 times as many of them on the road as Seat / Skoda.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
You need a surprisingly small sample size to give a high degree of confidence in a survey of this type. A few thousand responses is over 90% accurate. Its why almost all broadly agree. Its the trend you are looking for.

Most good surveys throw away data if there isnt a good enough response, and most only deal with cars 5 years old or newer to stay relevant. This is why you often find gaps in the data and why sometimes you see really daft, obviously wrong information, if the data collector doesn't throw data.

I remember seeing a Which? survey many years ago that had the least reliable car as the Subaru Legacy and the most as.. The Citroen Xantia. Anyone can see from space that this was completely stupid, and indeed was contrary to much bigger surveys that showed basically the opposite. Both cars had a sample size under 50.

Seat is dragged down by a few specific cars, especially the Alhambra which is getting old, but the trend is very much there.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
My previous car audi a1 was superb quality inside, my cuora 290 dont feel too bad but it rattles like a bitch and just iver 20k thw gear nob has totaly worn away

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise