AUQ 180 problem???

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Hi all! Having problems when driving, seems like there is no power like am driving a none turbo car, also when iam setting off in e.g 1st into 2nd seem to have a miss (jerk) then it will go, also seems like its hesitant when u go the full rev range! Have changed N75, coilpacks, N249 bypassed, forge split r, new spark plugs and have even tried a new genuine MAF!

This morning unplugged the MAF took it for a drive and was like driving a different car, back to full power and no jerkiness! Really hope someone can help me out... :confused:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
not usually in that way. Problems with faulty CTS are usually over revving at start up and similar start up problems. Wouldn't cause no boost etc. Have you got any fault codes showing?

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
It's not a total loss of boost, just seems flat!? Unplugged MAF and was like driving a different car. Nope no fault codes

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Hmmm mine does the same sometimes (also AUQ 180) I always assumed it was the N75 but when I finally changed the N75 and did the N249 bypass a couple of weeks ago, it didnt seem to help much. Mine has the problem more of loosing boost at high revs, it fluctuates a bit but I get that jerk you are on about too. I will have to try unplugging the MAF too and see what happens.

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
It's probably something stupid to fix, but it's just finding it.. Yea unplug your MAF and take it for a drive, let me know what it's like. I changed my n75 and thought it cured it at first (but it didnt) It's really starting to do my head in!

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Don't know, just been a booked it in for vagcom tomorrow so hopefully I will get the answers I have been wanting (everythingcrossed) I do...:confused:

sami1

Aug 15, 2012
Birmingham
Any news on this. I got a similar issue where it's a little jerky about 2-3k revs. You either use all the boost or you lose it.

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Couldn't really find a problem. Had a boost surge or something he said but only did it once! Said everything is fine, advised me to change my split r for a 007p! Anyway am booked in for a stage 1 remap off him next tuesday so happy days ;-)

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Yea have that one, will see what its like tomorrow. Been told standard ones are no good with a map though? God knows, bought it second hand off eBay lol...

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yea have that one, will see what its like tomorrow. Been told standard ones are no good with a map though? God knows, bought it second hand off eBay lol...

Stock dv in good condition is fine. Ive run one on mine and was even advised to stick with it when turbo was upgraded.
Split R could be sticking.

Having used everything on mine except the split r id say diaphram based valves are faster, smoother, require no maintinance and dont leak or stick. And there cheap as chips!

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Ah right! Will try that then mate. For some reason it sometimes makes a rattle noise my split r r when the car is ticking over!? Dunno if there suppose to or not? Hopefully it is the dodgy dv! Will either stick to the standard one or order myself a new one this week, will see where is the cheapest ;)

Chris#101

Hi all! Having problems when driving, seems like there is no power like am driving a none turbo car, also when iam setting off in e.g 1st into 2nd seem to have a miss (jerk) then it will go, also seems like its hesitant when u go the full rev range! Have changed N75, coilpacks, N249 bypassed, forge split r, new spark plugs and have even tried a new genuine MAF!

This morning unplugged the MAF took it for a drive and was like driving a different car, back to full power and no jerkiness! Really hope someone can help me out... :confused:

Sorry to bring an old thread up. But this is the first time I am hearing someone else describe exactly the issues I have.

I own the mk4gti auq 180 with a stage 2 ***** map with supporting mods. I am experiencing the exact same issues as you have described. a very jerky 1st and second gear power surging as if I'm lifting on and off the throtte but I'm actually keeping it at a steady pressure. A very Lopey idle barely ticking over unplugging the maf makes it idle smooth and drive better, so replaced with genuine Orem maf and still have the same problems etc

Did you ever find out what it was? A reply would be much appreciated.
Thanks