Auto lights, wipers, and mirrors

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Hello everyone, I've arranged a test drive of the new Leon tomorrow but was wondering if anyone can answer some questions about some features:

LED DRL Lights Does the LED DRL strip come and stay on whenever the car is started? can you keep it switched to auto and the LED DRL strip will come on with the car and the LED headlight come on when its dark? Does the rear LED only come on when you switch the sidelights on which means you have to take it off auto?

Auto wipers Are they fully automatic or are they like in the BMW's where you have to turn them on everytime?

Auto dipping kerb mirror function I've read that this function has been dropped recently from the Leon range, even as an option. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm in the UK in case the spec differs in different regions.

TIA :)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Hello everyone, I've arranged a test drive of the new Leon tomorrow but was wondering if anyone can answer some questions about some features:

LED DRL Lights Does the LED DRL strip come and stay on whenever the car is started? can you keep it switched to auto and the LED DRL strip will come on with the car and the LED headlight come on when its dark? Does the rear LED only come on when you switch the sidelights on which means you have to take it off auto?

Auto wipers Are they fully automatic or are they like in the BMW's where you have to turn them on everytime?

Auto dipping kerb mirror function I've read that this function has been dropped recently from the Leon range, even as an option. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm in the UK in case the spec differs in different regions.

TIA :)

LED DRL is on when starting and stays on. If left on auto this will use leaving/coming homes lights to work and LED cluster will light up if dull/dark or in tunnels etc. Rear lights only light up if headlights/sidelights are on.

If stalk is moved to position 1, up one place from rest, then lights are full auto, the switch decides sensitivity.

Auto dip is only on FR as I have an SE I cannot comment on this.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Thanks.

I just found vvvvvv.seatia.com/secon-558.html (can't post url's yet) which says

The rain sensor is part of the interval wipe function. You will have to switch the rain sensor back on if you switch off the ignition. This is done by switching the wiper intermittent function off and back on.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
That looks like a manual from a Mk2 judging by the wheel controls and cluster.

I was wondering if that was the case, weird that the front of that site mentions the mk3 but the instructions seem to be for the mk2.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
After 2 hours of haggling I have ordered a 1.4TSI FR, dunno how long delivery will be yet as they don't have one with the spec in stock.

gar074

After 2 hours of haggling I have ordered a 1.4TSI FR, dunno how long delivery will be yet as they don't have one with the spec in stock.

I was told 10-12 weeks for a factory order yesterday. How much of a discount did you get, and how much movement idid you get for your 2 hours of haggling?!!

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I was told 10-12 weeks for a factory order yesterday. How much of a discount did you get, and how much movement idid you get for your 2 hours of haggling?!!

I didn't do that well :(

Ordered the 1.4 TSI FR in white with 18" performance alloys, tech pack, and convenience pack, £18,650 including key insurance. I did get above list price for my part ex though. I was getting annoyed when they kept on saying that they had to contribute themselves towards the tech pack; if SEAT advertise it as free then its free, I don't care how its funded :blink:

I was told the factory is closed in August but the car is list as "production week" but no build date. They are hoping to get it before the end of September to fill their quarterly figures.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise