Auto - Locking !!

symlink

Seems strange i know but my Alhambra (2001) Locks itself after a random amount of time. Can be 5 minutes , can be 10 Hours, not always and not consistantly.

The garage claims that it should lock itself after 30Seconds :wtf:

Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers
Dave

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
It's correct.

If you un-lock the car but then don't open a door within 30 seconds it should re-lock.

I think it is incase you un-lock it by accident.

symlink

Hmmmmmm

It does seem a lot more random than that , it does lock itself at other times.
Im just scared my kids are gonna get locked inside with the keys

psy

It does seem a lot more random than that , it does lock itself at other times.
Im just scared my kids are gonna get locked inside with the keys

My wife has managed to do that - lock the kids and keys in the car! Fortunately my 6 year old had the sense to open the doors from the inside.

My car does lock automatically after 30 seconds, but I find if I leave either the keys in the ignition or leave the driver door or boot open the locking mechanism doesn't kick in.

symlink

Nightmare....

Ive managed to find out exactly what happens..

If the car is locked and you unlock it, if a door is not opened within 30 seconds, then it will lock itself again.

On one door the cancellation circutry is bust. With the door open it locks itself.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Had this problem on our 51 plater, one of the kids had at some point accidentally knocked the courtesy light / door closed switch that protrudes from the side of the body and broken it. No interior light from that door and no sensing of it being open car locks itself! about £6.00 to purchase and easy to replace and quite common apparently.

Paul

Davidfx

Opening the boot only does not cancel the automatic lock function, only opening one of the doors will.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Opening the boot only does not cancel the automatic lock function, only opening one of the doors will.

This has now been corrected on later models as our 05 plate does not relock if you only open the boot.

Paul