Auto Rear View Mirror - Can It Be Turned Off?

Feb 19, 2020
Hiya,

I am the new owner of a 66 plate Alhambra SE Lux TDi. Overall a nice car, but with a number of things that I sense are going to drive me crazy.

Chief amongst these at the moment: the rear view mirror. This is an auto anti-dazzle mirror, but does not match that described in the manual because there is no 'off' switch on the mirror itself.

I've seen this mis-match between real car and manual described in other posts here.

My question is: is there any way of turning the 'auto-dip' function off, because I've never liked it on any car and really don't like it here because there's a line around the edge of the mirror that clearly isn't covered by the 'auto-dip' material that is right in my eyeliner.

A hidden button? Steering wheel config option (though I can't find one)? Hidden setting accessed via the diagnostics port, which I'm happy to delve in to....?

Any experience with this gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rob.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
My Leon has a button on the underside of the mirror and the led on the mirror goes out, iirc.

Feb 19, 2020
Yup, that's what the manual says for the Alhambra. But in the real car, there is no button and no LED...

I was beginning to wonder if someone had fitted a non-SEAT replacement mirror, until I found another post here describing the same mis-match between car and manual.

Rob.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.