Auto Unlock not working.

wul3er

Mar 22, 2014
North Lanarkshire
My Fr150 locks the doors as I drive off. When I've finished my journey the doors used to unlock themselfs when I took the keys out of the ignition. The interior lights also came on at this point too.

Now this isn't happening when I take the keys out. The doors still lock as I drive away but when I remove the keys from the ignition nothing happens now.

My wife hit a pot hole yesterday and the stereo stopped working. It was a kenwood after market one. So I thought it would have been a fuse. Check the radio and it was fine. So I dug out the origional unit, plugged it in and it powered up. So I tried the kenwood one again and the motor from the CD player made a noise but still won't switch on or light up. So I've just left the origional one in it.

Could these be linked. They seem to have happened at the same time and does anyone know how to solve the issues.

wilz1234

Aug 23, 2014
S-Contact fault. Theres a switched live in the ignition switch which supplies power to the radio, and is also used for the auto-unlock.

I have the same problem with mine, and VCDS picks this fault up. It's a problem with the ignition switch. You may also find that with the standard radio, when you turn the car off, the radio remains on (should turn off when keys removed I believe)

Would expect this code:

1 Fault Found:
00849 - S-contact at Ignition/Starter Switch (D)
25-00 - Unknown Switch Condition

Last edited:

wul3er

Mar 22, 2014
North Lanarkshire
Wilz1234 your bang on. The standard radio does stay on after the keys have been removed which is my biggest hate. But I changed the stereo instantly and thought it might have been normal for this.

So what's the cure for it. I have a cheap VCDS cable from eBay.

wilz1234

Aug 23, 2014
A bit of googling suggests to check all fuses, or the switch behind the ignition barrel needs replacing. There's a good few threads if you search for that fault code

wul3er

Mar 22, 2014
North Lanarkshire
Just a wee update on this.

Had it plugged into VAG-COM to switch it off and then back on again and it didn't work. So I ordered a bunch of new mini blade fuses and replaced ALL the ones in the fuse box and it now works.