Automatic Wipers

tigerdan88

Apr 2, 2017
Hi Guys. So got my Ibiza a few weeks ago now. its a 19 plate FR 115. I am just getting used to to how everything works and I am still messing with the settings in the touchscreen, however one thing I did see in the settings was automatic wipers (something I knew the car had) however they never seem to switch on automatically when it is raining, the box is ticked in the settings so i figured you have to still use the stalk to active it.

Can someone please help?

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi Guys. So got my Ibiza a few weeks ago now. its a 19 plate FR 115. I am just getting used to to how everything works and I am still messing with the settings in the touchscreen, however one thing I did see in the settings was automatic wipers (something I knew the car had) however they never seem to switch on automatically when it is raining, the box is ticked in the settings so i figured you have to still use the stalk to active it.

Can someone please help?

You need to leave the wiper stalk up one notch for it to turn the system on.

tigerdan88

Apr 2, 2017
Ah thanks Mark, i figured you may have to activate it. it was the same in my old car but you had to press down on the stalk everytime it rained to activate it. That helps a lot, I did this last night but i thought it was just on intermitent but I am guessing it was the automatic wipers doing their job haha durr!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The little switch on the top of the wiper stalk adjusts the sensitivity of the wipers too. On cars without auto wipers it adjusts the interval on the intermittent setting.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.