Autowindow @ Mirrors

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Autowindow & Mirrors

Today I fitted my AutoWindow module. Took me 4 hours :) ( Not bad for a novice) main problem for me was working out how to get the cable from the drivers door to the passenger side.

I have taken some pics so I may try and do a quide for Leon Owners.

Last edited:

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
I'm sure I posted a reply here but it seems to have gone????????

Well if I remember I said you must do more work Dale - and I'm looking forward to having a look at this mod too!

Russboy

Nov 11, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
Via the remote it means you can get out the car, lock it and it'll fold the mirrors in and shut the windows, with you away from the car

When returning, you press unlock and it'll unlock the drivers door, and fold out the mirrors. If you press unlock twice in succession it'll also vent the car by rolling all the windows down

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
Scotty_b said:
ow ow how much did you pay? i no you said it took four hours, but was fitting it or taking it apart and fafing?

It took me about four hours as well. It wasn't quite as easy as the instructions made out. It was a bit nerve wracking pulling the door panels off. It was also difficult to get the wire from one side of the car to the other.

It's great now it is in. Before I fitted it I was always forgetting to unfold my mirrors when i drove off!! :blink:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
dalepearson said:
I bought it of Rudd.......

I don't sell em, I was just too lazy to fit it.....plus I have to lock the doors 3 times when I get out the car, well I don't need to it's just I am retarded...

One thing I did like though was being able to park on a street, use the mirror to check for cars coming, get out of the car, walkaway and then fold the mirrors. Folding them in the car then getting out means you can see whats coming from behind.

Plus the windows rolling down in the Summer would be cool to vent the car

cuprarstevefitz

Today I fitted my AutoWindow module. Took me 4 hours :) ( Not bad for a novice) main problem for me was working out how to get the cable from the drivers door to the passenger side.

I have taken some pics so I may try and do a quide for Leon Owners.

Hi there tried to fit my module yesterday but no luck, connected the wires but got stuck on the white 1, what wire did you connect this to

If you do have pics of your installation would very very appreciated!!

did you notice the "led" blink as you attached the wires like it says in the instructions, i cant even see an led, it supposed to be in the small round hole in the module.

My car is a leon cupra r 04 plate

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I thought that you could enable the windows to roll up from remote using VAG-COM, like on a mk4 golf?

And could you not connect the electric mirror folding switch to the central locking somehow?