Average miles from born 58kwh?

Mar 15, 2021
Hi all,

Looking into a Cupra Born due to fuel prices and my 300 has a coolant leak that's apparently common on those engines.

Been looking into the formentor hybrid but dont see the point in 40 miles worth of battery and having to charge it every other day.

What's the average miles your getting out a fully charged battery?

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
Hi all,

Looking into a Cupra Born due to fuel prices and my 300 has a coolant leak that's apparently common on those engines.

Been looking into the formentor hybrid but dont see the point in 40 miles worth of battery and having to charge it every other day.

What's the average miles your getting out a fully charged battery?
Obviously, there's almost zero customer cars on the road (at least in the UK - think there's a good number of LHDs in Europe), but as the underpinnings are identical to the ID3 Performance Pro model, that's where I'd be looking for reference data.

Anyway, from what I've gleaned, you're probably going to get low 200s from the 58kWh models and as much as 300 miles from the not-quite-available-yet 77kWh variants. Remember that in cold weather, this figure will drop (due to battery heating and reduced Li-Ion efficiency at lower temperatures) and if you're doing short journeys in cold weather, it will drop *significantly* due to the combination of the two...

Mar 15, 2021
Obviously, there's almost zero customer cars on the road (at least in the UK - think there's a good number of LHDs in Europe), but as the underpinnings are identical to the ID3 Performance Pro model, that's where I'd be looking for reference data.

Anyway, from what I've gleaned, you're probably going to get low 200s from the 58kWh models and as much as 300 miles from the not-quite-available-yet 77kWh variants. Remember that in cold weather, this figure will drop (due to battery heating and reduced Li-Ion efficiency at lower temperatures) and if you're doing short journeys in cold weather, it will drop *significantly* due to the combination of the two...

After reading some more i realised that it had only been out a month. That's the one thing i'm worried about is in the winter although what's swaying me to the born is my work has free chargers and i would obviously put a home charger in as well.

Also what's considered short journeys in a EV? My work is roughly 7/8 miles each way .

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
Also what's considered short journeys in a EV? My work is roughly 7/8 miles each way .
That's definitely a short journey - you'd need to check the ID3 forums, but that'll be a 10-15 min journey, and in cold weather, the battery heater will run constantly for most of it. TBH, you'll be similarly inefficient in an ICE car, but it's a bit more visible on an EV.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.