Ayp/Aqx gearbox

Cammy

Nov 10, 2008
Would a gearbox from a AYP engine code fit into a AQX engine code ibiza? Not sure on flywheel the AQX is running as i've never had it off to check.

I put a VR6 flywheel and a new clutch in when I built it up dude

theres your answer without taking the gearbox off :D

Cammy

Nov 10, 2008
The flywheel was single mass if I remember rightly, as i thought it was the wrong flywheel when I had 2 of them next to eachother from an other engine which had dual mass - looked into it and it turned out it was the VR6 kit, gearbox isn't going on it? is it?

Im more than likely building another cupra soon, been offered a red one for a silly cheap price because the engines foobared, always regretted selling the silver one lol

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Nah, gearbox is fine but im getting a diff in box for it so just checking everything out before I start pulling parts off. Yeah? Do it man, their such beasts. Iv come close to selling up but now im doing all this i dont think il ever sell it now

Cammy

Nov 10, 2008
Ah right, good - as I was thinking, that's the original gearbox on there lol I did read your progress thread the other day for first time in a while, I see your going a hybrid route?

Im just wanting something as a stop-gap before I get a new car which will still keep me entertained (ive currently got a few cars sitting here ready to sell, just too lazy to do the brakes on one of them, and cba put the other one through its mot despite being told it will pass once ive done the work (which ive done >.<) lmfao

im thinking if I take this cupra - ill build the engine up over a month or two, already had a look at beachbuggy turbos website >.< completely druling over a hybrid.. Must keep off sites like that and realise that I can build a fully running cupra for less than £900 if I just stick to a ko3 lol!

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I know of an engine for sale ;)

Yeah, hybrid track car while still remaining road legal so it can be a weekend toy as well. Iv been using a ko3s as my daily (well i was till i got the leon) and id recommend one, better than a ko3 and not as much upkeep as hybrid (potential problems)