Banging noise finally fixed

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
The banging from my car has now been fixed. The lockdown has given me plenty of time to source the parts and get them all fitted over the past couple of days.

When going over bumps or rough roads the noise was horrendous. It got to the stage I was thinking of trading the car in for something else.

I have upgraded the suspension as I plan to keep the car a few more years.
To fix I've changed the ARB bushes to powerflex, nightmare to do on a driveway and axle stands.
New bilstein suspension and eibach springs all round, wishbones, tie rods, ball joints.
So far so good. No noise so far on rough roads and handling has improved.

Feb 14, 2020
Could you tell me how much did that cost you? The serial suspension on Leons (at least FR version) is bad. Squeeking when going over steep road or strange banging when going over bumps, just as you say... I also plan to keep the car for upcomming years, but I do not know If I am wiling to spent hundreds of euros for that...

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Could you tell me how much did that cost you? The serial suspension on Leons (at least FR version) is bad. Squeeking when going over steep road or strange banging when going over bumps, just as you say... I also plan to keep the car for upcomming years, but I do not know If I am wiling to spent hundreds of euros for that...

I looked at a few suspension set ups before deciding on the B12 sports kit.
The suspension kit was just over £500, wishbones, tie rods, top mounts, powerflex bushes and all new bolts total was over £700.
My car has over 90k on the clock, i didn't want something else going wrong so replaced what I could linked to suspension.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.