Bashed in door!!

Steve74

Could not believe it, yesterday the Seat was parked up for 10 mins in a B&Q carpark. When I got back to the car the whole door was bashed in about 15 inches wide by 3 inches deep. Paint scraped and all.

Couldn't get the person who did it on any CCTV so was really mad.

I had a thought though and went and bought a bathroom sink plunger. Had a go and the dent popped straight back out (90% to what it was before). Got Dentmaster out for the little bits and all was sorted.

I was quoted £1000 from an official bodyshop and the plunger was £2.99!! The Dent guy was £58.75 so after all that it saved quite a bit. Just goes to show you...

A sunny pic fom today!

seatwide7lf.jpg

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
is that bg for real?

if so that has to be one of the best pictures i have seen in regards to angle and light etc.

an my other half has a dent in his bonnet courtsy of me.. want to come over with that plunger!

Steve74

The plunger was an amazing buy!! Couldn't believe it. Very lucky!

Yup, the pics are real!! Have been thinking of selling so I took them for Autotrader! Here's another of the same background, other car !!! :)

wideboxporty7oz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tell

Staff member
Nice pictures, good news about getting the dent sorted.... will remember the plunger trick. Afraid I park on the edges of all car parks since I got my Altea, my ZX got cyclists falling into it, cars banging into it, font edge kicked, rear door someone tried to pop open, front end shunted by a parked car that was hit... so far so good with the Altea. I'm a bit carefull about wear I leave the Altea.

.oOIOo.

Nov 26, 2004
Steve74 said:
The plunger was an amazing buy!! Couldn't believe it. Very lucky!

Yup, the pics are real!! Have been thinking of selling so I took them for Autotrader! Here's another of the same background, other car !!! :)

wideboxporty7oz.jpg

Cars not big enough.

Where is the backgroud from? it looks very nice.

Steve74

It's Portobello in Edinburgh!

Got loads of close shots of the porker but didnt want to post them on a Seat forum ;) :D

Glad the cars fied.... may sell it now...

loadswine

loadswine
Super pics, so you have a convertible for sunny weekends do you. Very nice indeed. I've got a soft top as well, but not quite as exotic as the Porsche.
Dentmaster can be pretty useful, especially when coupled with a bit of inspiration,
loved the plunger idea!