Bens Mk2 Cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Cars off to AKS tuning on Thursday also going to get them to do cambelt and waterpump. It was done by the garage when I bought it but not sure if they used genuine parts so just want it done for peace of mind also going to get dogbone mount done so shes being very spoilt.

Being fitted

Helix clutch and flywheel
New slave cylinder
Braided clutch line
Billet bleed block
Airtec stage 2 intercooler
Dogbone mount
Vis freewheel sprocket
Oil pickup pipe

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Cars in AKS tuning being spoilt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-201034_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-201034_Instagram.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20210923-201154_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-201154_Instagram.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20210923-201156_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-201156_Instagram.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Just seen this on AKS instagram they also wet blasted my sump before refitting it thats what you call attention to detail. Ive had oil pickup replaced on this before and my Mk1 Cupra and the other garages never done that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-112959_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-112959_Facebook.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20210924-113006_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-113006_Facebook.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210924-113012_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-113012_Facebook.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210924-113014_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-113014_Facebook.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20210924-113017_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-113017_Facebook.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 78

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Just seen this on AKS instagram they also wet blasted my sump before refitting it thats what you call attention to detail. Ive had oil pickup replaced on this before and my Mk1 Cupra and the other garages never done that.
Fair play looks insane. Aks definitely have gone up and beyond my expectations for service it’s nice to see someone who’s actually good at what they do.

Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Cars all done seriously impressed with AKS tuning. Alex done all the work on it. Needed a new aircon condenser as the old one was falling apart. Also had a slight leak from oil filter housing and Alex fitted one of his spare ones. Clutch feels sweet just gotta bed it in for 300 mile.

Shame I cant get any fuel now lol. Just had to put a tenner of normal unleaded so no booting it anyway.

Not so impressed with AMD when they done oil pickup pipe last year they used silicon instead of the proper sealent. So when Alex took the sump of some of it was still wet so lucky it didn't block pickup pipe. Wont be using them again.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Im so gutted about this. :(
Sorry Ben I didn’t realise I had posted it on your thread I’ve taken it down now my bad.
To say I was devastated is a understatement mate but i wasn’t surprised as I had seen some damaged to something that I couldn’t repair in time for track so I had the mindset it was going to end badly and I’d build it properly.
But you know how much I wanted a nice black mk2 and mine was never a keeper I want one like yours a low mileage keeper.
So If everything goes well I’m picking up my new mk2 black Leon which is already revo stage2+ and is a proper sorted and looked after mk2 off someone on the forum too. It is crazy how much these cars are going for keeping in mind mine was £700 the new one is a lot more but it’s going to be a keeper I’ll be able to make 1 good one out of both cars and be happy at the end of it.
Once I’ve started stripping the yellow one come over if you need any bits of interior or spares let me know.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Sorry Ben I didn’t realise I had posted it on your thread I’ve taken it down now my bad.
To say I was devastated is a understatement mate but i wasn’t surprised as I had seen some damaged to something that I couldn’t repair in time for track so I had the mindset it was going to end badly and I’d build it properly.
But you know how much I wanted a nice black mk2 and mine was never a keeper I want one like yours a low mileage keeper.
So If everything goes well I’m picking up my new mk2 black Leon which is already revo stage2+ and is a proper sorted and looked after mk2 off someone on the forum too. It is crazy how much these cars are going for keeping in mind mine was £700 the new one is a lot more but it’s going to be a keeper I’ll be able to make 1 good one out of both cars and be happy at the end of it.
Once I’ve started stripping the yellow one come over if you need any bits of interior or spares let me know.
Oh really sweet thats great news mate. I do like them in black.

Have they gone up in money? Obviously I paid quite strong money for mine due to the mileage on it.

Nice one cheers mate. That would be handy ill sort you some beer tokens.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Oh really sweet thats great news mate. I do like them in black.

Have they gone up in money? Obviously I paid quite strong money for mine due to the mileage on it.

Nice one cheers mate. That would be handy ill sort you some beer tokens.
before lockdown I was looking at one for £2999.00 people are asking more then double now. I’m paying £6000.00 for mine but it is going to be worth it as it’s a looked after car which has everything I did to the yellow one at the start. So I won’t have to do any maintenance at the start I can just swop my box in and all the handling mods etc and it’ll be a nice mk2 and the best thing is it’s black which is the most important thing to me as I have been wishing mine was black for ages. Silver lining. The yellow one isn’t going to be saved it didn’t serve to have this much much money spent onit. But the black one does as it’s a keeper so fingers crossed the deal goes well Friday and I will driving back a stage2* revo tuned 87k mk2 Leon. 👌

Last edited:
Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
before lockdown I was looking at one for £2999.00 people are asking more then double now. I’m paying £6000.00 for mine but it is going to be worth it as it’s a liked after car which has everything I did to the yellow one at the start. So I won’t have to do any maintenance at the start I can just swop my box in and all the handling mods etc and it’ll be a nice mk2 and the best thing is it’s black which is the most important thing to me as I have been wishing mine was black for ages. Silver lining. The yellow one isn’t going to be saved it didn’t serve to have this much much money spent onit. But the black one does as it’s a keeper so fingers crossed the deal goes well Friday and I will driving back a stage2* revo tuned 87k mk2 Leon. 👌
Sweet mate fingers crossed you get it and ill have to check it out when I come down. 87k is nice mileage. Its definitely worth paying for a good one.

Im working in Newcastle Under Lyme and ive seen a Cupra and an R in the same day. I go weeks at home and see none lol.

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
That's nice that is! I want them to fit a VIS free wheel to mine so I would like this done too!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members