My 1P Leon Cupra's Journey from stock - stage 2 - TTE 420 (Picture heavy)

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
Wow, that looks amazing! Bet you'll turn heads as you roll that down the street! Did you do all the wrapping yourself? Must have taken some patience. Also... is it a trick of the light or have you carbon wrapped the bonnet strut as well?

Thanks mate , yeah I wrapped it myself!! A massive amount of patience’s is needed , I hydro dipped the bonnet strut in carbon a few years ago.

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
Awesome update! been keeping an eye on this on Instagram lol it's about time!

What's left to do?

You staying with the 420 or going bigger haha

Cheers mate and thanks for the push to get it updated lol.

Once the bonnet is back from the bodyshop that will be ppf’d, refit the spoiler and that’s pretty much it I think

Haha staying 420 for now if anything Im considering a 2.5 RS3 engine but that will be a long term thing.

Reactions: Legojon

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I’ve just read this thread start to finish.
Absolutely stunning car!
I like my cars completely standard but love seeing what everyone else does to theirs.
The time and effort ( and money) put into this car is phenomenal.
I’d have it wrapped in cotton wool in my garage. Lol

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
I’ve just read this thread start to finish.
Absolutely stunning car!
I like my cars completely standard but love seeing what everyone else does to theirs.
The time and effort ( and money) put into this car is phenomenal.
I’d have it wrapped in cotton wool in my garage. Lol

Thanks Nathan , i think once it’s finished i might just use it as an ornament.

afprietoa

Sep 22, 2019
Hey mate, greetings from Colombia!!! I just read your complete thread and it is just amazing how much work and patience you have put into this car. The build is just awesome!!! I'd love to have a bonnet and trunk like yours. I bet it is crazy expensive??

Here is a couple pictures of my small Leon FR 1.8 TSI (here they sold them until model year 2014)
92264fc5a1cd66797e2e8065203929f3.jpg
80210bb5c9d5339b1ead1a39a294ca25.jpg
adf7b8eba010c103aab7af1fd7839a34.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Alright. Quick question. Just had a look at my rear discs and they look about 256mm with a shield that wraps around them. I assume for the 310mm discs you have to ditch the shields? Also you still using the stock rear calliper carriers or do they need to be adapted?

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
Alright. Quick question. Just had a look at my rear discs and they look about 256mm with a shield that wraps around them. I assume for the 310mm discs you have to ditch the shields? Also you still using the stock rear calliper carriers or do they need to be adapted?

Hi mate, I’ve got the 310mm set up from a R32/S3, I ditched the 256mm shields and was meant to buy 310mm shields but never got round to it lol, you will need new carriers to suit the larger diameter disc and also callipers as the 310mm discs are vented so wider than the 256mm discs .

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi mate, I’ve got the 310mm set up from a R32/S3, I ditched the 256mm shields and was meant to buy 310mm shields but never got round to it lol, you will need new carriers to suit the larger diameter disc and also callipers as the 310mm discs are vented so wider than the 256mm discs .

Cheers. That would explain a lot. I was just measuring up and trying to figure how the stock caliper would ever take a 310mm disc.

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
I attended a track day at Silverstone with Adam from Flat-Out Media last weekend, we took the opportunity to use the amazing location for a magazine feature photoshoot!! Adam also produced this awesome short video of my Cupra.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I attended a track day at Silverstone with Adam from Flat-Out Media last weekend, we took the opportunity to use the amazing location for a magazine feature photoshoot!! Adam also produced this awesome short video of my Cupra.

I mean... Its alright haha

Awesome video and the car sounds good! I'll see it once more on the 1st march

Reactions: Jairm88

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Yeah, that's epic... what kind of speeds were you doing?

Reactions: Jairm88

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
Yeah, that's epic... what kind of speeds were you doing?

Cheers mate . I didn’t get a chance to check the speed but at a guess I’d say around 140-150 between 6500-7000rpm towards the end of hangar straight.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
This thing is one of a kind ..love it @Jairm88

I’m planning on doing the wellycooler setup next month , did you get the pipe kit made up at rtech ?
I’m going to try and use as little silicone pipes as possible .

Jairm88

Mar 1, 2010
This thing is one of a kind ..love it @Jairm88

I’m planning on doing the wellycooler setup next month, did you get the pipe kit made up at rtech?
I’m going to try and use as little silicone pipes as possible .

Rtech supplied the intercooler kit, it came with a load of random pipes that needed cutting around to make fit. There is a guy on Facebook that makes a hard pipe kit.

19f8b699df0384a1ce8e747ff711f80b.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise