Bike Transport Thread.. (Previously The Tow Bar Thread)

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Yeah mate, gonna have to write a note ! And make sure i measure the height of it with the bikes on, only one place i go where it will be too tall but i'll just take the bikes off before i park up ;)

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Just to add my 2p

I've got atera aero roof bars only used them once with a box but I'd recommend them. They're specific for each car so no messin about buildin your bars but get a different car you're gonna need new bars. Bit cheaper than Thule

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Thanks spooky, think im still going to go with the roofrack for now though bud,

@Taz, sounds good but i heard the Atera bars were the ones which damaged the roof? Think i will roll with the Thule ones though, one of the major attractions is that it will only cost me £20/30 to change it onto my next car :D

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
I don't see how 1 make can damage the roof and another wont. They all clamp on the same way. Musts been gorillas that fitted them lol. I plan on keepin my car till it dies so that's why I never got Thule.

jharris1981

photos of my boot rack

any pics bud? :)

I just tried posting some photos of my boot rack on my Cupra TDI but i haven't made 15 posts yet so i cant!,i cant even PM people yet! if anyone wants the links just drop me an email [email protected] .... its a Saris Bones (2 bike)

I'll take some more next time i'm actually using it and have bikes on it.... its served me well so far but we're driving about 2,500 miles with it on in September (going to France) so that will be the real test! :D

Jan 6, 2021
For bike shipping some of my suggestions or tips will be :

Attach a wheel lock to ensure the front tire doesn’t slide during hauling your motorcycle.
Do not rest the rear tire near the tailgate. It will ensure the bike doesn’t tip down when opened.

And company that i use for my motorcycle transportation are Citizenshipper. They are one of the safest bike carrier.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.