bio diesel ?

Apr 14, 2011
Found a guy locally thanks to briskoda that sells bio fuel for a pound a lt . He said that my engine will be fine with it just change the filter a couple of times in the first week and use it 50/50 to start.

Anyone else on here use it ?

My car is custom mapped so I'm goin to ask my turner if it will affect that !,

Thanks tom

Apr 14, 2011
Yeah I might ask him about that. The guy I got the the number off briskoda said he's been using it 100% for the past 6 months and no problems just keeps changing the filter

My fuel cap says nothing bout bio fuel :S

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2009
The old PD engines seem to be fine as long as you change the fuel filter and possibly new fuel hoses too. The eco 1.4 engine and new CR ones are a no no.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
£35 for a filter, 47p p/litre saving.

thus 74 litres to cover the cost of the filter.

4.54 litres in a gallon, assuming a conservative 45miles to the gallon.

16.4 gallons or = 738 miles to cover the filter cost.

£48 per thousand miles saving roughly.

If you take the fuel filter being changed every 6000 miles you are still staving £250 over that period.

I imagine the peformance will be decreased however and that a fuel filter isnt the only extra servicable part. Obviously the risk also needs factoring in.

Last edited:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Thought the metal filters were £30ish. I must have been ripped off, did buy from the dealer however as they are right next to work.

rt_007

i've got a leon 06 plate tdi 140bhp, been running bio diesel 50/50 for around 2 months no issues at all, in that time i've done around 5500miles, only thing i have noticed is i get a slightly white/clear smoke on start up when its cold. I guess its because diesel produces soot which is heavier and therefore you cant see that when it starts up (drops below the rear window). I dont have a DPF which elimates the black soot.
I previously had a Golf with the 130bhp 1.9 diesel and ran that on 100% bio Diesel for around 18months covering around 35k with no issues. I guess you've got to trust your supplier mine is EN graded fuel so should be ok.

rt_007

plus maybe a slight drop in mph, my trip computer read an average of 49.9mpg where as before it was 51.5mpg. I save around £10 a tank by running a 50/50 mix

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise