Bluetooth audio paths - hope this makes sense

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
OK, will try and describe the best I can, just hope it makes sense

I have a 64 plate (2014) Leon FR 184, with full Tech Kit. I connect up my Samsung S7 Edge to the Bluetooth to be able to stream music, receive calls etc .. however, what I have noticed is that, if I am in Radio mode, and I get a message and set it to read, or if I say "OK Google", I do not get any sound from the phone, or through the Bluetooth to the stereo, unlike if I get a call, which automatically routes the audio through the Stereo

So, is there a way to get things like OK Google, messages read etc, to be able to take control of the Stereo when in radio mode. When I am in Media mode, then all the sounds do come through the stereo

Hope that all makes sense :)

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
I have weird problems with Blootooth audio in my 2014 mk3, sometimes media works fine, sometimes it doesnt play at all - this is on Samsung S4 black.

Im not sure why, sometimes restarting my car fixes it. Phone works fine always.

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
I have weird problems with Blootooth audio in my 2014 mk3, sometimes media works fine, sometimes it doesnt play at all - this is on Samsung S4 black.

Im not sure why, sometimes restarting my car fixes it. Phone works fine always.

Not had any problems with it playing music or anything, it is just this function. Am sure when I had my Windows phone connected, i did interupt, but not with Android

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Mine only works if I'm playing music through Bluetooth and the media button is on, then it automatically mutes the music and reads the texts etc over the cars speakers.
That said since a software update on the car, it doesn't always work anymore even on media :(

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The system only mutes when audio is played from the phone in hands free profile/HFP (i.e. a call), not when using A2DP which some phones/apps use. You can get apps that force audio using HFP.

Last edited:

FRoSTy

Mar 26, 2016
I've been out experimenting with an android app called AudioBT Plus with my moto g and 2014 FR with tech. There's a free version to try.

The app allows you to either:
- choose certain apps (Like Waze or google maps)
- choose text to speech output
and send this as if it is a phone call.

It works well. It appears exactly like a short telephone call for navigation announcements, and interrupts other media or the radio. I can have this running at the same time as bluetooth audio too, it's a neat solution.

What I can't figure out is how to combine this and the Google Now functionality... pressing the call or voice control buttons on the wheel trigger the Leon's internal voice/phone software, and I can't get it to trigger the phone to run the "ok google" command... more playing required! There is a setting in google now, that disables bluetooth - this may be part of the solution for google now.

Last edited:

FRoSTy

Mar 26, 2016
I've got Google Now working!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to get the car to bypass it's internal voice recognition, and hand over my voice to the phone. This is a shame as my cheap Bluetooth headset could do this.

The work around is to use Tasker, and a fake contact called Google. When I get the car to "call Google", it dials a fake number, which triggers the Google search app to run.

Credit goes to Reddit posters here: [can't post links yet url]https://m.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/3eg7i8/activate_google_now_with_a_phone_contact/[/url]

Using this in combination with Audio BT so subsequent voice prompts interrupt the radio.

Why do this?

I can now say " navigate to xxx" or " text Wife I'm on my way " or "remind me to buy milk at asda" or anything else via Google... Excellent!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.