Bluetooth memory Issue

Nov 29, 2020
First post, please be kind! I’ve got a 65 plate Leon FR 189 TDI. It’s a nice motor but there’s something wrong with the entertainment system.
For months now my recent destinations have stayed as they were and never update. If I reprogram them radio it reverts to its previous stations once the car is switched off.
my phone was changed months ago and I now have to pair my new phone every time I start the car. It just won’t remember it. Worse, it keeps scanning for the old phone.
is there anything I can do or how can I resolve this? It’s a massive pain!

thanks in advance and hello!

Nov 29, 2020
I know it’s a bit tragic bumping my own post but please if anyone has a clue about this issue I would be grateful. It’s driving me mad! ?

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I don’t know if this will work at all, but often when there are problems with the head unit the advice on here is to do a reset of the unit. I believe that is done by pressing the on/off button for a period (20 secs?)
Hopefully someone else can confirm how that is done.
Then reconnect phone and I guess rescan and add radio logos
Anyway that’s my suggestion....good luck!

Reactions: Nrevek

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Restarting the infotainment is a good call. If that doesn't work, it might be worth checking the battery.

Nov 29, 2020
Can I just check. All I do is hold the power button for 20 seconds? Is this from an off position with the ignition on or off?

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
This is where I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would chime in....
A quick search of the forum found this courtesy of Blacksheep:
‘Try rebooting the infotainment system - press and hold the power button for 30 seconds; release when the Seat/FR/Cupra logo appears.’
I would do that with ignition and engine on if it were me.
Sorry for all the guessing...

Nov 29, 2020
Thanks. I’ve just reset the whole unit. It goes through a process, screen goes blank before I get the ‘starting media’. Then it just reverts to all the data that was saved in it before. Last destinations, radio etc etc!

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Sorry not really.
I think there is a factory reset somewhere in the menus but that’s probably a last resort....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.