• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • Hi Guest! New high quality keyrings are now available to pre-order: order yours now.

Bocabills Dakota Red Bocanegra

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Hey All

Owned since 2018, A little late to the Boc owner's club although considering there's only 400 odd left registered on UK roads right now it's great to still own one.

MODS
Custom Stage 1
DSG Remap
Lowered on Stance street+ coilovers/ Stance shortened links
Ronal R59 (Polished) 18's x 7.5J (45 Offset)
Toyo Proxes TR1s (New style) 215x35
Whiteline Rear ARB
Brembo Extra Drilled Discs & Pads (312 Front/256 Rear) Audi TT (8n) (Front brake upgrade)
RTMG Carbon Forced Air Intake (Removed)
RTMG Turbo Intake Pipe
Stock airbox with K&N high flow filter with modified stock intake scoop
Forge Motorsport Silicone Boost Hoses
Airtec Intercooler
NGK U5002's Coilpacks
NGK BRx7 plugs (Removed) and replaced with Denso SKJ20CRA8's
Cobra Catback (Non Res) 2.5" System
JVC Headunit/ Vibe Slick 10" sub and monoblock amp
Apline SPG 17cm 240W up front
Kill All Wipez rear wiper delete

Dark-Ice designs bonnet gas struts
Fan jet windscreen washers
Smoked side repeaters
Autoworx black aluminium paddle shift extensions
Seat OEM door sill's with Boc decals
Maxton Design front splitter
Rear diffuser & vent pods, Mirror cover's hydrodipped in carbon and finished metallic clear coat.
Painted gloss black lower front bumber lip & grill plus various other parts all done by myself.....Including front bumber side grills, Brake capilers all round, internal door handles, headunit surround, AC control's, air vent surrounds..
Heko deflectors, side skirts & rear spoiler already fitted on purchase

Acrilic Boc front lettering by AT Designs
Gloss Carbon roof & spoiler wrap by Autowrap Manchester
Rear Tints (18%) also by Autowrap Manchester

Boc07.jpg
Boc10.jpg
Boc02.jpg
Boc01.jpg
Boc04.jpg
Boc11.jpg
Boc12..jpg
Boc14.jpg
Boc15.jpg
Boc17.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Syphon

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Nice! I have the Cupra, I bought it as a run around / commuter, but after its mods, it has turned into my first choice drive of my 3 cars.

The stage 2 and sports cat really woke the car up. I think a very under appreciated little car

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Nice! I have the Cupra, I bought it as a run around / commuter, but after its mods, it has turned into my first choice drive of my 3 cars.

The stage 2 and sports cat really woke the car up. I think a very under appreciated little car
Cheers, I am debating a sports cat and stage 2 but every thread I read about UK MOT emissions failures after a year or 2.... is it worth the hassle and stupid money for the extra gains

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Yip it is a decent amount of cash for little gains over a stage 1. I mostly did it as I had a horrific home made section (previous owner) between the CAT and my milleK CAT back.

I have a build thread on here

Last edited:

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Yip it is a decent amount of cash for little gains over a stage 1. I mostly did it as I had a horrific home made section (pervious owner) between the CAT and my milleK CAT back.

I have a build thread on here
Don't you just love other peoples work!!.
I know with all the mods I'l be better than a stock off the shelf stage 1 as I having a custom tune, will have to wait and see the numbers and what she feels like

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Custom Stage 1 & DSG Remap Complete...
Extra 20HP
Although below stock figure start point, which after days of research I am putting down to my 18 x 7.5s over the stock 17 x 7s and what ever the weight difference is between the 2.
(Educated guess left stock around 200hp)

Drives better, Max torgue low down, improved mid range pull.
20200523_200105.jpg
20200523_200220.jpg

Last edited:

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
nice looking car smart mods too. I thought these left the factory with more power than that though, unless im getting mixed up?

Reactions: BocaBill

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
nice looking car smart mods too. I thought these left the factory with more power than that though, unless im getting mixed up?
Thanks and yes they did 180hp, I have hindered that power with the larger wheel I think, only way to prove is return to stock and redyno....and no one can be arsed with that

Reactions: dan103

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Bit of an update, Been back and forth to the tuners last few week's sussed out I had a timing issue and we narrowed it down to the gapping and then the plugs themselves.....seem's the much loved NGK BRK7iex's are not all that great after all, Just goes to show do NOT believe everything that's wrote on a forum...
Swapped out with Denso SKJ20CRA8's and timing improved, dyno numbers improved unfortunately ambient temps as we all know have been high last few weeks which hindered getting peak power number down on a graph....(waiting for a cool day or throw in on dyno nearer winter time)

1 other thing I found was that the overpriced carbon intake from RTMG made no difference to power figure but DID make a negative difference on intake temps (poss because the intake is housed on the front of the engine bay (nicely above the cat...…..make your own mind up on that one) so that has been removed and back to my original stock box with K&N high flow filter.

Cosmetic changes below...
Acrilic Boc front lettering by AT DESIGNS (check them out on this forum)
Carbon Roof & Spoiler Wrap, Rear Tints by Autowrap Manchester.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbobcook

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Update part 1

Had an early start and back on the dyno this morning to do some AIT logging, The car pulled a consistant 185hp and intake temps sat between 33 and 48 degrees but always above 40 past 3000rpm....which can be seen (all though not on here) on the graph with a dip when the ECU is cutting power as temps got too much before bringing it back in again...….all this was in aid for making my mind up on an FMIC upgrade from stock.

Outside temp 17°
V-tech dyno reading 22° ambient around rollers

Luckily jumped the gun anyway and I'm waiting on my Airtec unit coming next week.

on the plus side the change in spark plug gap from .7 to .8 has smoothed the graph out immensely and even my tech said it feel's so much better on the dyno than the last time, power delivery is constant through the rev range.....so .8 gap is the sweet spot for my engine atleast and I guess I've lucked out on a strong post 2011 CAVE.

Part 2

The ball ache of the intercooler change & another dyno run........

Part 3
Maybe custom downpipe W/sports cat & stage 2 map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Rutland
Fine tuning stuff must be rewarding when everything comes together, never seen wheels loom like that before and I like it. Keep us updated.

Reactions: BocaBill

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Fine tuning stuff must be rewarding when everything comes together, never seen wheels loom like that before and I like it. Keep us updated.
Yea it's been time consuming narrowing down the power loss, but the more I look at my mods and read old posts on power outputs I can see where I might be missing the horses...
I.e bigger heavier brakes, Bigger wheels....the usual problems with dyno runs in summer etc etc
Glad we nailed the plug and gapping the motor is most happy with though.

And thanks, I get complimented on the wheels more than anything else, only ever had 2 lads slag them off on the Boc FB group but each to their own.
I see everyone with the same style bola's or similar to what the next person has.
I wanted different and think they suit the colour themes of the car.

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Just been out to get some live data via my ODBELEVEN.

Dropping a few gears/mph to boost back up...it wont let it past 33° AIT, Hovers around 30-33 when on the loud pedal (stock would be above 40 always)
28-30° outside ambient

so working like a charm.

Also has smoothed out the transition between supercharger and turbo its hardly noticeable and just wants to keep pulling to rev range.

Booked back on dyno next sat to get a nice graph print out....weathers too warm until then.

Happy days

Last edited:

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Come prepared or go home. Simple.

Around 2 and half hours start to finish with a mate helping me.

Looks a great piece of kit saves all the faffing around I went through with my universal intercooler.

I will need to check but with just the hardware mods (intercooler, downpipes and cold intake) my car made almost 200 bhp on the standard tune

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Greater Manchester
Looks a great piece of kit saves all the faffing around I went through with my universal intercooler.

I will need to check but with just the hardware mods (intercooler, downpipes and cold intake) my car made almost 200 bhp on the standard tune
Costs twice as much as a universal but half the hassle in fitment and it's working as good as it looks.

My tuner said he's seen around 20hp from intercoolers alone so I shall see next week.

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members