Boost gauge fitted, boost leak?

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
I just fitted my boost gauge and it seems like I have a leak, it goes up to around 10psi and then drops back to about 8ish

Could this be due to my PCV pipe having a split? Or is this from a different part of the engine?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I may be wrong but i think the stock maximum for the AUQ engine is 14 psi, So anything up to that really, i've got the same car but it's been remapped for a while and i can't remember what pressure i used to see as standard tbh. Sure someone will confirm i'm right or tell me if i'm wrong though,lol

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Mine makes 22psi and holds about 18psi. Revo stage 1 gives you 210bhp but more importantly 240lb/ft of torque. It makes a hell of a difference, even on an otherwise totally standard car mate. Can't recommend it enough :) She pulls hard in every gear now, 1st 2nd and 3rd are nuts but the most noticeable difference is 4th 5th and 6th. You can put your foot down at 90mph in 6th and she'll pull like the standard car does in 4th. Another good thing about it is that when you're just driving gently around town etc, she still drives just as good as standard, no jerkiness or anything like that. Get it done ASAP buddy, the only regret i have about mine is that i didn't get it done sooner,lol :)

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
positive crankcase ventalation system. Take's blow by gases from the crankcase and puts them back through the engine to burn them off, in the good old days before all the global warming crap, they just vented to atmosphere

halsall1987

Jul 22, 2012
Basingstoke
I just fitted my boost gauge and it seems like I have a leak, it goes up to around 10psi and then drops back to about 8ish

Could this be due to my PCV pipe having a split? Or is this from a different part of the engine?

I wouldn't think you have a leak, that sounds about right for stock boost on standard LC180. Mine was around 9psi stock, after stage 1 remap it peaks at around 20-21 and holds anywhere around 14-18.

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
I wouldn't think you have a leak, that sounds about right for stock boost on standard LC180. Mine was around 9psi stock, after stage 1 remap it peaks at around 20-21 and holds anywhere around 14-18.

I got a split pipe tho my PCV is split from top to bottom so must have some leak somewhere there?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.