Boot not opening with latch!!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There is an emergency boot release mechanism. Had to complete this when my old Octavia lock failed.

You will need to removed the rear panel to access the lock in order to release.

Hopefully once the offending article is removed - causing an error, it should resolve itself if the mechanism hasn’t been damaged.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
There is an emergency boot release mechanism. Had to complete this when my old Octavia lock failed.

You will need to removed the rear panel to access the lock in order to release.

Hopefully once the offending article is removed - causing an error, it should resolve itself if the mechanism hasn’t been damaged.
Thanks, have managed to open it now by using the middle button, but it won't open using the latch, are they easily damaged?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Strange. So it opens with the fob but not the handle? Usually the other way around.

Try locking and unlocking the car a few times, open and close the boot a few times. It might reset itself.

Reactions: Mark300zx

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The boot does seem slightly out of alignment, is it just a case of unscrewing the rubbers to adjust?
I'm hesitant to suggest that without knowing what is wrong.

The boot is obviously closing, right? So it can't be that out of kilter. The fob and the handle effectively do the same thing. The handle operates a switch that unlocks the latch, which is what the fob does. So I'm struggling to understand why the handle would not be working.

Did you pull up really hard on the handle to try and open the hatch? If so, you might have broken or bent something.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
The fob and the handle effectively do the same thing. The handle operates a switch that unlocks the latch, which is what the fob does. So I'm struggling to understand why the handle would not be working.
This correct. There is no mechanical connection between the handle and the latch, only an electrical cable. Unless this connection is broken, it's hard to understand these symptoms.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I'm hesitant to suggest that without knowing what is wrong.

The boot is obviously closing, right? So it can't be that out of kilter. The fob and the handle effectively do the same thing. The handle operates a switch that unlocks the latch, which is what the fob does. So I'm struggling to understand why the handle would not be working.

Did you pull up really hard on the handle to try and open the hatch? If so, you might have broken or bent something.
Thanks for the replies, yes the boot closes fine, iirc didn't pull the latch overly to release it!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for the replies, yes the boot closes fine, iirc didn't pull the latch overly to release it!

It's a strange one. I can't see how jamming the latch could effect the switch on the handle. It might be worth taking off the plastic trim and checking the handle on the inside. One one bolt holding it on and the wiring plug to remove.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.