Boot pop from remote

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I used custom made gas struts that was mentioned in the VCD thread...i think they were about 420nm of pressure on both sides, smooth and works fine (all that was needed for 2 struts and thats it basically about 50quid).

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
1st post in the thread lol

I'm on the ball as always lol

I'm just worried about the same thing too, but if you have to program it to open the boot in vagcom rather than unlock it at least that means you can turn it off in a way. Although will it not fly open as soon you do open it manully with all that stored force from the strut?

Surely there must be struts that only apply maximum force at the start of their stroke, so it only opens the boot say just over half way, then you can move it the rest of the way. If you see what I mean, that way less chance its going to go full boot into a low roof

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
actaully thining about it, if you dont want it flying open could you just press the regular full unlock button on the remote instead?

lol there really was no point me posting there

Morganator

Jul 10, 2020
Hi anyone got a final solution to what works here? mine has the middle button unlocked from vagcom so just need the parts that will lift it smoothly on factory unlock.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members