Bosch Front Wiper Blades AeroTwin 958 S

Tell

Staff member
I have been making some enquiries about these since I had some spare time yesterday. I got an email today from Central Auto Supplies UK.

Thank you for your enquiry on Bosch Aerotwin blades for your Seat Altea & sorry for delay as awaiting a call from Bosch.

At the moment they are not available UK until the end of April start of May & we cant special order from Germany as not available until mid April.
We will then be stocking them, when available the price will be

£39.19 + VAT

Tell

Staff member
I wouldn't think so, they wouldn't be Bosch ones, since they aren't availble in the UK yet... unless anybody wants to say otherwise. That's what Bosch UK says !.

This all came up in discussion about a month ago. They are suppose to be better than the Seat ones... Bosch BTW designed the Altea wipers, motor etc so the mechanics are Bosch.

It was left if anybody does find out where to get them from then post up..... mine are 16 months old so I'm looking to change them since they ain't working too well at the minute.

Not currently listed on their site:

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1

Last edited:

loadswine

loadswine
These will be the most expensive wiper blades that I have ever bought. That's a mad price. Don't need them just yet, but it won't be too far in the future.
Would like some of those though cos the standard ones have an annoying judder from time to time, no logic to when they do it, they just do it when they want!
Seat dealer had no clues and said they produced "no fault when tested"
there's a surprise!

Tell

Staff member
Yes, my original ones miss the top by 4 - 5 inches on the driver side on the left. They don't wipe it too well, never have done. The ones I use to have with the aero dynamic bit on them use to work much better on my old ZX and that just had one blade for the whole screen, so I'm that these ones will be good. They are much liked by the German Seat site as understand.

Yeah, the ZX was the testing ground for Infinity speakers as well Loadswine, the ones I fitted on there were an inch smaller and cheaper, so one went up a notch.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Mine just started juddering the other day too. I've actually had mine on the wrong way round for nearly the entire time I've had the car. When I first got the car the passenger side one was missing a triangle shape on the windscreen everytime it swept the passenger side. So I took the blades off and swapped them over and it cured the problem.

I also noticed this exact same triangle shape being missed on the passenger side of a courtesy Altea too.

Must check Halfords next time I'm there, they may have the Bosch ones on their shelves. I wouldnt trust what Bosch UK says too much as I was looking at a brand new model of Bosch dryer recently and it wasnt even listed on their website.

jerseyaltea

Does anyone know what the main dealer will be charging for the Aerotwin Blades? www.wiperblades.co.uk don't stock them but can get them at £39.95 plus £2.60 postage (Think might be for a single blade :confused: ).

jerseyaltea

Thanks for that, have found out that they are handed so sold in pairs. Going to book the car in for it's first annual service at the local dealer tomorrow so will enquire at to the availablilty and price. Oh from Jersey in the Channel Islands, vehicle couple days short of a year old and has not yet covered 3300 miles!

jerseyaltea

I've been to my local Seat Dealer Bel Royal Motors (where I purchased the car) quoted me £11 for the nearside blade and £15 for the offside blade! I know that they are handed but other than that they are the same. I double checked the price to ensure they quoted me for an Altea, they thought it was strange also. Anyway they have them in stock. Oh and been quoted 1st service fixed price of £134.51, which I don't think is to bad.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise