Brake fluid change

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
VW currently charge £69 for a brake fluid change, so £65-£69 or thereabouts would seem to be the going rate.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Worth a try... Brake Fluid.JPG

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Last year my dealer rang me when I put mine in for a service and said the brake fluid needed doing, I asked them to knock the price down a bit and ended up getting it done for around £40 odd quid.

No harm in asking if you are in the same position and having a service done at the same time too.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
How often is it on these?

My MK2 was every 40k I think.

There is nowhere that tells you anywhere about MK3 maintenance unless I'm missing something? The service book just mentions servicing and there is sod all online. The MK2 maintenance book told you the time/mileage schedule for every car and every part.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
On all VW Group cars, the first brake fluid change is required at 3 years, then every 2 years after that, regardless of mileage run.

Edit:- also plan to use VW Group branded brake fluid or the equivalent from other suppliers of brake fluid, like TRW DOT 4 ESP etc and not just bog standard DOT4 which is normally a bit cheaper, eventually bog standard DOT4 will vanish as cars without ABS vanish.

Reactions: Tonezz

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I worked in a Kia dealer:hide: when the service schedule required a fluid change the extra charge was £12 for a litre of brake fluid, we had a machine that did it once coupled to the reservoir and bleed nipples was automatic, tech did other things whilst the machine worked its stuff.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.