Brake light issue 62 plate ibiza 1.6TDI

Sep 13, 2021
Hey guys, I am hoping you can give me some guidance. My sons Ibiza had the flashing glow plug light on the dash. Al except for one of the brake lights was working. I replaced the failed bulb, the glow plug light continued to flash. I this evening replaced the brake light switch. The glow plug light is still flashing, and now the brake lights wont work.
I refitted the old switch and still no brake lights.

Is there a need to calibrate the switch with VAGCOM or something?

If no what else do you think could be the issue? fuse maybe? Does anybody know which fuse I should check?

Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
No calibration or anything needed, but some people have had problems sorting this out. It is very long time since I last read up on this, so maybe use the SEARCH function to pick up older threads/posts on this exact topic.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just one other thing, the sensor now in the brake master cylinder, is a Hall effect device, so when the steel/ferro magnetic sleeve moves to/away from the fixed sensor, the lights should switch - but a wiring issue could mess that up, and that I think, is what some previous owners discovered, maybe damaged wiring due to poor integration of some cableforms by SEAT! The actual site I can't say, sorry.

Sep 13, 2021
Thanks for the reply RUNM40. I think it must be a wiring issue. Have tried a second sensor, and cleared the erro with vagcom, was fine for a day and a half, and has come back on again.