Brake pads help needed!

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Can someone help me figure out what brake pads I need please?

Rear discs are 253mm
Front discs are 288mm

Couldn’t see a wear sensor.
Trying to buy some decent replacements and just get the garage to do the fitting.
Thanks in advance.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
You can get Pagid/Brembo off eurocarparts or carparts4less.

Put your reg and and it will show the right parts, Cupra usually shows a few because of the upgraded brakes.

Reactions: MatTheMerciless

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
288mm is stock and yes you will more than likely have wear sensors on the front.
Even if you dont have wear sensors just get wear sensor pads and you can snip the cable off it

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
When you said you couldn't see a wear sensor, where did you look. On the Cupra, there's only one on the RH inner pad. I guess this applies to the other models too.

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Thanks all. EuroCarParts has additional fitment details which say...

288mm front disks = 160mm pads
253mm rear disks = 87mm pads.

Occurred to me afterwards that I only had two tyres off so probably missed the wear sensor.

Any idea when then wear sensor triggers? Mechanic estimated 5k left in the brakes. Car is on 51k so would be about right.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Thanks all. EuroCarParts has additional fitment details which say...

288mm front disks = 160mm pads
253mm rear disks = 87mm pads.

Occurred to me afterwards that I only had two tyres off so probably missed the wear sensor.

Any idea when then wear sensor triggers? Mechanic estimated 5k left in the brakes. Car is on 51k so would be about right.

I got my done as soon as it came up, I would think it would be alot less than 5k miles though.

Mine was just under 48k and needed discs as well.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
You can get Pagid/Brembo off eurocarparts or carparts4less.

Put your reg and and it will show the right parts, Cupra usually shows a few because of the upgraded brakes.

Just remember Pagid and Brembo ECP pads are just aftermarket pads using well known brand names. I'm not saying they're not ok, but don't think they're the same as brake pads which leave the factory saying Brembo or Pagid on the back because they're not.

Also there are a few choices of brakes depending on PR code, and usually the VRM lookup won't narrow it down to just one part, if I put my reg in ECP it returns several options - so double check whats actually on the car.

The caliper bracket bolts are torque to yield bolts and should not be re-used, so I would also get a set of front and rear caliper bracket mounting bolts.

Tom.

Reactions: Tonezz

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
@SuperV8 I think that there is more than a trace of truth wrt ECP, they need to start playing the game and stop that.

What I do know is, them and many other parts outlets only stock a "compressed" range of pad kits to cover a large range of cars, I have had problems with them in the past and typically now make sure that I know the exact Pagid pad kit part number for my cars before travelling to collect them, and if what is on the box is not what Pagid list for my cars it is game over and refund of money paid, I've brought it up with TMD Friction's UK sales team and two occasions and they supplied me the correct kits FOC, I intend to repeat that if I ever find I am being sold the wrong - or not correct kit by ECP as they has sole rights to import and sell on Pagid and Textar brake parts into UK aftermarket.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.