Brakes seem rubbish?

mcmanus1806

Dec 31, 2013
So I have got a 2008 FR 170 TDi. Just been remapped to 220bhp

My brakes seem to leave me with no confidence in them at all, it seems as though they are always slipping, and are very very sharp when driving slow, but higher speeds, they feel ****!

Any ideas of what I could do?

I was thinking of buying Red Stuff brake pads, or possibly upgrading the whole brake system, however that is very very costly :/

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You can but they will be over kill tbh

Mac i am coming to Bucharest and Constanta in March now, Don't think i can come to Timisoara though

Kambo

Mar 28, 2013
Hants
Try some new brake fluid first, easier and cheaper, usually can make quite a difference if it ain't been done for a while

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I upgraded to the Cupra r 345mm set up on the fronts only and I can vouch for them! As Andrewjb said any bigger will be overkill. They are a great upgrade and don't cost much at all. Think I paid 200 for mind if I remember, and seeing as I needed new discs and pads anyway (would have cost 100 ish) in theory it only cost me 100.

t121anf

May 14, 2004
I upgraded to the Cupra r 345mm set up on the fronts only and I can vouch for them! As Andrewjb said any bigger will be overkill. They are a great upgrade and don't cost much at all. Think I paid 200 for mind if I remember, and seeing as I needed new discs and pads anyway (would have cost 100 ish) in theory it only cost me 100.

Great price, from where?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I just searched eBay for ages. Also search for mk5 r32 as they are the same set up

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.