Break in

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
So some low-life broke into my CUPRA Ateca on Friday night and emptied it of its contents. Fortunately, we don't leave anything valuable in the car. Probably the most valuable thing was my prescription sunglasses and they're not going to be much good to anyone else! Rather more concerning was the fact that the car was locked, the keys were both sealed up in Faraday pouches and there was no sign of forced entry. I'm quite surprised that the car hadn't gone. They'd clearly been fiddling around inside because the headlights had been switched from Auto to Off, the driving mode selector had been turned from Comfort to Sport and the infotainment display had been switched to eco-trainer?!?!?! The last two would have required having the ignition on wouldn't it?

If anyone's offered an Ateca manual or a genuine CUPRA USB lead in the Yorkshire/North East region, make sure you check its provenance!

• Sad
Reactions: H Rafiq

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
So some low-life broke into my CUPRA Ateca on Friday night and emptied it of its contents. Fortunately, we don't leave anything valuable in the car. Probably the most valuable thing was my prescription sunglasses and they're not going to be much good to anyone else! Rather more concerning was the fact that the car was locked, the keys were both sealed up in Faraday pouches and there was no sign of forced entry. I'm quite surprised that the car hadn't gone. They'd clearly been fiddling around inside because the headlights had been switched from Auto to Off, the driving mode selector had been turned from Comfort to Sport and the infotainment display had been switched to eco-trainer?!?!?! The last two would have required having the ignition on wouldn't it?

If anyone's offered an Ateca manual or a genuine CUPRA USB lead in the Yorkshire/North East region, make sure you check its provenance!
Sorry to hear of your troubles, first thing I got the dealer to do on collection day was to turn Kessy off (no Faraday bag needed) and dig out my old Disklock, cumbersome, but the best and so obvious that most toe rags just pass you by.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise