Bridges's Red LCR 225 - Badger 5 Tuned ***Goodies Arrived***

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good ARB setup mate. They make a great difference on those fast road blasts :)

Hope you get on well with the clutch setup. Looks like it's going to be more than capable.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Good ARB setup mate. They make a great difference on those fast road blasts :)

Hope you get on well with the clutch setup. Looks like it's going to be more than capable.

Hey Tom, aint heard from you or El in a while, all good?

Really looking forward to fitting the rear ARB, should bring some fun times when clutch is sorted :)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
My front is knocking want to go 25mm front and 28mm back

Not sure though?!? When you fitting the rear? Let me know what its like

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
My front is knocking want to go 25mm front and 28mm back

Not sure though?!? When you fitting the rear? Let me know what its like

That sounds like a good setup too as I beleive people tend to go thicker at the rear!

Unsure when I'll be fitting it fella! Maybe same time as the gearbox or maybe by the weekend, I really don't know.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Is yours arse happy at the moment due to only running the front thicker?

It has been and it's been polybushed too so my front end is a lot lot stiffer than the rear.

I say it has been because currently I'm driving like a granny because my clutch has gone. I'm considering polybushing the rear too!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah, all good thanks mate. I've not had much time on here with a change in job at work in the last few months, I thought promotions were meant to be good things? Lol. Plus I haven't driven my car in almost a month, it's covered in spiders and cobwebs and the v power has probably gone out of date haha. It's getting a run out this weekend though which I'm looking forward to :)

I think with the ARB and a nice new clutch you'll certainly be enjoying the driving.

*By the way guys, on the setup for the rear ARB - I am running 25mm front and 28mm rear and she feels great, not arse happy either, that's with a hughes engineering rear brace and an Audi S3 front upper brace + fully Superpro polybushes underneath :) Lol.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Yeah, all good thanks mate. I've not had much time on here with a change in job at work in the last few months, I thought promotions were meant to be good things? Lol. Plus I haven't driven my car in almost a month, it's covered in spiders and cobwebs and the v power has probably gone out of date haha. It's getting a run out this weekend though which I'm looking forward to :)

I think with the ARB and a nice new clutch you'll certainly be enjoying the driving.

*By the way guys, on the setup for the rear ARB - I am running 25mm front and 28mm rear and she feels great, not arse happy either, that's with a hughes engineering rear brace and an Audi S3 front upper brace + fully Superpro polybushes underneath :) Lol.

Ah good news on the job front buddy but I guess it takes time to settle in and get used to it all! Poor show on treating the car to a drive though ;) lol

Wouldn't mind the Hughes upper strut but they don't do them anymore do they? And the polybushes help too,thinking of doing rear upper mounts while the ARB gets done!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Ah good news on the job front buddy but I guess it takes time to settle in and get used to it all! Poor show on treating the car to a drive though ;) lol

Wouldn't mind the Hughes upper strut but they don't do them anymore do they? And the polybushes help too,thinking of doing rear upper mounts while the ARB gets done!!

Cheers! Yeah, taken a little while to settle but things are coming together nicely now, so hopefully I'll find the time for a drive :happy: Got a list of things to get sorted or looked into on my car anyway so I need to make the time soon and get some love for it again.

Yeah, the vag parts pages on facebook might be an idea for the hughes rear brace if you want one, put a wanted ad up. The Audi S3 front upper one can still be had from Audi dealers in the parts depts' - you just need a load of M10 nuts, bolts and washers to go with them also.

Good to get most of it done on the car underneath if you want a really tight go-kart like Leon you will want polybushes all ARBs and front + rear braces.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I run this setup mate and its perfect. :)

Think that's what I'm going for!

It has been and it's been polybushed too so my front end is a lot lot stiffer than the rear.

I say it has been because currently I'm driving like a granny because my clutch has gone. I'm considering polybushing the rear too!!

Mines poly with black series up front but I think just sticking the front arb on will make it too stiff and tail happy

**** it I'll order both

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Clutch still not sorted as I realised last night with my mechanic that the clutch cover in the LUK clutch Kit wouldn't fit the LUK DMF!! Strange we thought but on closer inspection carparts4less supplied me with a SACHS drive plate and SACHS cover in a LUK clutch kit!!!

Trying to resolve this matter with them because I checked the same part number in EuroCarParts and it had LUK products inside which fitted the DMF!!

Hopefully though the rear ARB be fitted soon :)

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Whatever happened to this car...? Did you sell, break it? Was awesome so far.
Not the first time I've read a RR and it just suddenly finish without a mention of what the outcome was....shame.
Oh well...Great read tho

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Whatever happened to this car...? Did you sell, break it? Was awesome so far.
Not the first time I've read a RR and it just suddenly finish without a mention of what the outcome was....shame.
Oh well...Great read tho

Thanks for the compliments buddy :D. I'm still on here (not regurlary though) and still got the car too.

Unfortunately not had any time or spare money to play with the car after buying my property and renovating it and having my 1st child :)

The car needs some tlc though! The clear coat is flaking on handles and roof strips, wheels need a refurb, lights & paintwork need a good mop-up, need a new spliter and breaks need to be done. I am dissapointed in myself for neglecting the car but time and money will come for me to start up again.

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
No worries pal I understand. I have kids and a nagging missus myself and currently getting out Armed Forces so know what you mean about having time.
I'm on about the the same situ as you apart from Ive just done brakes all around.
Couldn't make my mind up about spacers but after reading what you did, I'm feeling a little more confident about going bigger so prob 15mm all round or even 20mm rear, 15mm front. Hopefully won't get rubbing as I'm only sat on 40mm Eibachs at the mo.
You have given me some great ideas and I will eventually get a RR going when I get my lazy ass round to it!
Look forward to seeing more progress from you bud...

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
No worries pal I understand. I have kids and a nagging missus myself and currently getting out Armed Forces so know what you mean about having time.
I'm on about the the same situ as you apart from Ive just done brakes all around.
Couldn't make my mind up about spacers but after reading what you did, I'm feeling a little more confident about going bigger so prob 15mm all round or even 20mm rear, 15mm front. Hopefully won't get rubbing as I'm only sat on 40mm Eibachs at the mo.
You have given me some great ideas and I will eventually get a RR going when I get my lazy ass round to it!
Look forward to seeing more progress from you bud...

I was well happy with 20mm rears and 15mm up front, good look with them and didn't rub at all, even on coilovers. I currently have 20mm all round now but the fronts poke out a little more than the rears so have been thinking of going back to 15mm up front.

Glad the car has inspired you with some ideas and yes get one going. It is time consuming writing one up but well worth it :)

Hopefully there will be more progress in the near future :)

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yeah hopefully. Would be good to see.
Do I play it safe and go with the usual makes such as H&R or FK? Or are there other brands that are safe enough...
Such a wide choice,that's all and usually a good sized price gap!

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Yeah hopefully. Would be good to see.
Do I play it safe and go with the usual makes such as H&R or FK? Or are there other brands that are safe enough...
Such a wide choice,that's all and usually a good sized price gap!

That is clearly your choice buddy and what your budget is. If you want top quality and can afford it G23 Engineering have an incredible record of making bespoke spacers. The like of H&R and FK I can't comment on as they were 1. out of my price range & 2. I didn't feel they were worth the amount they asked for.

I searched on ebay and had all mine from the same compnay (can't remember who now) but they charged £50 for the two including bolts. Never had a problem with them or the spacers (other than the one that snapped) but I think I was to blame for that when i fitted the LMs to the car.

On another note because of you :ban: lol..... I've booked the car in to pro-speed exhausts for a custom decat in August so there's an update for you :) lol

arb79

Old but never too old
Oct 18, 2010
Northamptonshire
Haha well handy you say that as my back box is blowing see keeping my eye out for a cat-back bargain!

Glad I can be of service...keep them coming!

You know you wanna...!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.