British roads are ruining my enjoyment of this car

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
My god they are just so awful. Ive been trying going a little further afield to find nice drives, and failing. Roads I used to like 10 years ago are horrible now. So rutted and broken up that the car tramlines, bucks and kicks like an angry bull. Even in a straight line its pointless because roads are so bad its like having bad torque steer.

Just drove from Exeter to Barnstaple in devon. That road is inexcusably bad. Sorry Waze, but 'pothole reported on the road ahead' should be 'Road reported on the pothole ahead'.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
My god they are just so awful. Ive been trying going a little further afield to find nice drives, and failing. Roads I used to like 10 years ago are horrible now. So rutted and broken up that the car tramlines, bucks and kicks like an angry bull. Even in a straight line its pointless because roads are so bad its like having bad torque steer.

Just drove from Exeter to Barnstaple in devon. That road is inexcusably bad. Sorry Waze, but 'pothole reported on the road ahead' should be 'Road reported on the pothole ahead'.

Probably better off going the longer route down to the M5 from Barnstaple. I know the area fairly well as I was born and dragged up in Bideford!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah I agree Chris!

The roads round here are also really bad, uneven surfaces and massive potholes. You can't enjoy the car properly and constantly worry about damaging the alloys/tyres. Makes you wonder why we pay so much in council tax! It's not just that, so many people just don't care about their car or anyone elses... lost count the amount of times my car has been damaged over the years by stupid people.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I hit a pothole in my first Leon burst my tyre and smashed the wheel arch liner.
Luckily I had a spare wheel kit.
I took pictures and tried to claim off the council. Failed miserably they sent me a file with times dates of examination schedule.
If you hit a hole with white paint around it you can claim. Mine hadn't got any!

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I hit a pothole in my first Leon burst my tyre and smashed the wheel arch liner.
Luckily I had a spare wheel kit.
I took pictures and tried to claim off the council. Failed miserably they sent me a file with times dates of examination schedule.
If you hit a hole with white paint around it you can claim. Mine hadn't got any!
I’ll make sure I’ve got a white spray paint can in the car from now on then! 😂

Fester999

May 17, 2020
If they have been painted they are aware of the hole. So I'm told.
Being a biker you learn where they are on your daily routes.

Reactions: jcbmally

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Our tyre got punctured by a pot hole a week ago. It was barely a month old and left a nasty gouge in the side wall. I think they assume West country roads are for 4x4s and sod the rest of us.

Reactions: ChrisM75 and xyz

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I thought I had damaged something the other day, it was such a huge bang. In Exeter itself they are starting to repair the roads, although on one road they did a great job.. and then put the biggest speed bump in history on it, so I now avoid the road because its so high. The bump had chunks taken out of it already because things are clearly hitting it..

Between this and the pidgeons lobbing bits of tree at my car (seriously they are and have dented the roof), its a wonder i have a car left. Its going to cost a packet in minor body repairs at the end of the lease.

Reactions: BadBoy03
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.