Broken LCR

BallyLCR

Hi just got in my car and about 5 mins down the road it started knoicking from the engine pulled up and popped the bonnet it was still doing it any ideas on what it could be thanks just called Seat assitance

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
it was still knocking when you turned the engine off or was the engine still running, does it start? does it move?

are you sure the it was coming fom the engine area?

was it a loud knocking?

rob

BallyLCR

it wasnt knocking when the engine was off only when it was on the noise was coming from directly where the engine is. The car still goes but wouldnt like to move it my brother suggested that it could be the big end which sounds quite serious

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
just be interesting to know if it could be coming from a drive shaft or something, or maybe from within the engine itself

your probably best to wait for seat to look.. probably start jumping to conclusions if we all throw ideas at ya.

rob

BallyLCR

No but i dont think its gearbox or clutch related they seem to be fine

BallyLCR

The man who has just been to look at it from AA seems to think it could be the top end or somthing i couldnt remember what anyway he has just towed it off to SEAT so i will have to wait and see but they wont look at it until tuesday because of the new year

BallyLCR

Yes still under warranty thank god . no coutesy car yet will get 1 next week when i need 1

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.