BTCC 2006 Calendar Confirmed

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The races are now fixed for 2006, here is the confirmed list of venues, circuits used and race day dates.

The confirmed 2006 Dunlop MSA BTCC calendar is:

Round 1, Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), Kent, 9 April
Round 2, Mondello Park, County Kildare (IRL), 23 April
Round 3, Oulton Park (Island circuit), Cheshire, 14 May
Round 4, Thruxton, Hampshire, 4 June
Round 5, Croft, North Yorkshire, 16 July
Round 6, Donington Park (National circuit), 30 July
Round 7, Snetterton, Norfolk, 13 August
Round 8, Knockhill, Fife, 3 September
Round 9, Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), 24 September
Round 10, Silverstone (National circuit), 15 October

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
good , think last year was the first itime they had done Brands Gp in 4 yrs. Indy makes for better spectating.

So another SCN meet lined up by any chance, especialy south bank at brands, was brilliant last year.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
I'm sure I read it was only viable to use the GP circuit last season beacuse it was already set up for the A1 GP series the previous weekend. Guess the schedule must be different this year.
Plus they have severe restrictions on the noise nuisance caused to the residents in the village where it backs onto Dingle Dell & Clearways, and thus they save the aggro for the most lucrative meetings.

Still looking forward to it as all the best action is on the indy circuit anyway.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Timthebrief said:
I'm sure I read it was only viable to use the GP circuit last season beacuse it was already set up for the A1 GP series the previous weekend. Guess the schedule must be different this year.
Plus they have severe restrictions on the noise nuisance caused to the residents in the village where it backs onto Dingle Dell & Clearways, and thus they save the aggro for the most lucrative meetings.

Still looking forward to it as all the best action is on the indy circuit anyway.

You may be right on that, i know that this years VW cup has a stint at Brands this year, but apparently they are using the GP circuit and surprise surprise the vw cup is one of the support races on the A1 GP weekend.

so looks like you are right.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I think the GP circuit is only allowed to be used something like 15 times a year in total, thanks to the people in West Kingsdown with their fancy houses who back onto the track. I'm sure the track was there before they were, but still they win. :rolleyes:

I fancy a nice wee drive to Mondello this year via the Stranraer-Belfast ferry. :)

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Ant FR said:
good , think last year was the first itime they had done Brands Gp in 4 yrs. Indy makes for better spectating.

So another SCN meet lined up by any chance, especialy south bank at brands, was brilliant last year.

i'd be up for that!

defo up for south bank again, been there for at least 15 years of touring car action,
last October was our first SCN meet, and was well chuffed at getting South bank
Awesome line-up (53cars i believe) with a mention from ITV about the support for SEAT

have met a few more people since, and will be good to see you all again.

Is it a full grid for the start of the season???
last few years have seen a reduced team entry til further into the year:(

line up for SEAT looks really good this year, i remember Thommo's debut year in a privateer Peugeot 406 (teamed with Simon Harrison i think?)

(and no ba$tard Muller to wreck any chances!!!!!!!!!!?
new car looks the doberman's danglies:D

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Timthebrief said:

According to this, Clicky, the British Superbikes are using the GP circuit the weekend after the BTCC were supposed to be on the GP circuit, so I suspect it's a typo error. The only meetings they would want the GP circuit for are the World Superbikes, one round of the British Superbikes, one round of the BTCC, the WTCC hopefully, DTM and A1GP if it's on again. And maybe the British GT. :blink:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Vicky M said:

line up for SEAT looks really good this year, i remember Thommo's debut year in a privateer Peugeot 406 (teamed with Simon Harrison i think?)

I remember that too. I got his autograph at Knockhill in 1994 when no one else wanted it! He was just a fresh-faced kid back then though. He was on his own that year before going to Vauxhall for 1995. Simon Harrison won the National Saloons in 1994 (which JT had won in 1993) and then went on to partner Patrick Watts at Peugeot in 1995.

416_23.jpg

DTM's going to be using the Indy circuit at Brands, which is an odd choice. WTCC are GP track. Although it'd probably be better if you switched them round. Give the DTM cars the chance to stretch their legs a bit.

IainW said:
Simon Harrison won the National Saloons in 1994 (which JT had won in 1993) and then went on to partner Patrick Watts at Peugeot in 1995.
i knew Harrison was in a peugeot somewhere around that time.

didn't he end up as a test driver?? I'm sure he appeared on 5th gear for a blat around silverstone in something fast???????????

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
IainW said:
DTM's going to be using the Indy circuit at Brands, which is an odd choice. WTCC are GP track. Although it'd probably be better if you switched them round. Give the DTM cars the chance to stretch their legs a bit.
I agree, normally the WTCC is tied in with the FIA GT championship, but not this year, the British round of the GT is at Silverstone :confused:

www.btccpages.com confirms the Indy circuit for both BTCC dates. :(

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Vicky M said:
i knew Harrison was in a peugeot somewhere around that time.

didn't he end up as a test driver?? I'm sure he appeared on 5th gear for a blat around silverstone in something fast???????????

He only had the one season with Peugeot and since then ended up doing testing for the likes of Honda in the BTCC and testing roadcars as well I think. Also a racing instructor at Silverstone, so it could well have been him who popped up on 5th Gear.

The FIA GTs and WTCC have split for this year and won't be following eachother around as much as the used to.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
IainW said:
The FIA GTs and WTCC have split for this year and won't be following eachother around as much as the used to.
That is a shame, it was a good mix of cars last year at Silverstone and previously at Donington. I wonder what support races they'll get for each now? Two watered-down meetings, probably, instead of what could have been one blinder on the GP circuit at Brands.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.