BTCC 2006 Media Day - News

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Vauxhall announce Holiday Inn as new title sponsor. Revised livery for works Sport Hatches.

BTCCPages have the pics here.

Gordon Shedden confirmed in second Team Halfords Honda Integra, with backing from Clydesdale Bank.

18 drivers confirmed on 2006 BTCC entry list. plus 2 TBA's

1 TBA for WSR
(Dan Eaves or James Pickford have been linked to this 3rd Team RAC seat)

and the other TBA is for a 3rd Team Dynamics. possibly Gareth Howell

Full Entry List here at BTCCPages

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Interesting to see VXR getting sponsorship from a rival of the BTCC's official hotel chain. Don't think green and red go together though......

Word has it that Clydesdale are paying a lot of money for Shedden to drive and will be team sponsor in 2007.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer the colour scheme is a bit. :wtf: However it works better than Fiona Leggate's green and red, but not by much. :think:

The contract ended with Holiday Inn last year in favour of Blaupunkt , as we know sponsorship changes hands etc quite a lot in motorsport circles.

I think its good more sponsors are looking at the BTCC, hopefully this year will be the most successful season for some time, going off the entry list alone, its already going to be a great opening round.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'd heard HPI Racing (radio control car manufacturer) moved onto another team for sponsorship. Team Dynamics was mentioned??

I would guess if they are still sponsoring we'll find out later, when the pics start surfacing.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
ZBOYD said:
I'd heard HPI Racing (radio control car manufacturer) moved onto another team for sponsorship. Team Dynamics was mentioned??

I would guess if they are still sponsoring we'll find out later, when the pics start surfacing.
Correct, that was a logical move for them because Halfords is an authorised vendor of their toys. :blink:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Assuming Tim Harvey isn't making a triumphant return, maybe they are going to stage an elaborate photo opportunity of Harvey vs Neal, although the other TD car has Shedden on it. :confused:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Gareth Howell is to drive at least the first 4 meetings in that car. No engine in it today though, so it's going nowhere.

I doubt if we'll ever see the green Lexii again. The two team owners had a disagreement apparantly.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
What a nice morning mate seeing the cars go round and the Leons POPPING thats made my day now !! Managed to park The LCR opposite the seat garage as well shame someone parked a shed MG next to it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members