Built in satellite navigation position problem 2022 year model

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Has anyone had any issues with the built in navigation system losing the cars position and which direction it is traveling? I was 125 miles from home yesterday in Norfolk so needed to use navigation to get home. My default navigation is Google maps so before I got in my 2022 Arona FR Sport I set the route but as soon as it connected to the car it then showed my location in a different area and then showed the car moving in the wrong direction when I started driving. I disconnected my phone to use the built in satellite navigation system but found it was the built in system that was the problem my phone then showed the correct position again so I connected it back to the car and it showed the same position that the built in system showed. I disconnected my phone again turned the car off and on did a hard reboot of the infotainment system but it still hadn’t a clue where I was so had to use Google maps on my phone without connecting it to the car. This has happened a few times since collecting the car less than 3 weeks ago so pulled into a lay-by and took a picture of my iPad that had Google maps running above the infotainment system as it showed the correct position. It seems to be very random when it happens so wanted proof to show the dealer so they don’t keep the car for a day to say nothing is wrong.

Attachments

• 28E718F0-A22D-46A5-BB2E-D4E79730A3EC.jpeg
    28E718F0-A22D-46A5-BB2E-D4E79730A3EC.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 127
Jan 8, 2022
Yes, I've had this on my Ibiza that I just received. Exactly the same as you described.

Did you ever take it to the dealer or get a resolution?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Yes, I've had this on my Ibiza that I just received. Exactly the same as you described.

The car is booked in on Tuesday 7th June so hopefully I can answer then 🤞I have pictures and videos to show the dealer ready for when they say nothing is wrong with it and will be waiting all day while they look at it.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Wait with anticipation. It's a mib3 issue, comes up less on threads now thou.

I think I gave you all the test spiel to do... I gave someone the test spiel anyhow. Did you try it ?.
You did send me the information Tell but I haven’t tried it as if something is wrong it will still need to see the dealer. I have a Cupra Formentor VZ2 also and the satellite navigation works fine in that and connects to my iPhone 8 and my partner’s iPhone 11 (it’s running old software so has plenty of issues, let’s call it character 🤣)

Tell

Staff member
You did send me the information Tell but I haven’t tried it as if something is wrong it will still need to see the dealer. I have a Cupra Formentor VZ2 also and the satellite navigation works fine in that and connects to my iPhone 8 and my partner’s iPhone 11 (it’s running old software so has plenty of issues, let’s call it character 🤣)
They don't make them as they use to... 🙄. Perhaps they grabbed old code from the Formentor / Leon4s that had been fixed and usee it in the Aronas / Ibizas not fixed. Yours was on a different serial release to theirs. That issue dates back about 18 months ago.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019

Hi dunc85,
My Arona was in the dealers yesterday for 6 hours while they updated software and tried to solve the issue. They gave the car back after 4 hours saying they couldn’t find anything wrong but updated the software and told me to let them know if the car losses position again. I was driving for less than a minute before it lost position so went straight back to the dealership, I’m sure what they then did but the master technician said he would submit a report to Seat and see what they want him to do. I have just had a call to get the car booked in the get the online control unit replaced (OCU) on Thursday 16th June.

Reactions: Tell

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019

Hi Dunc85, my Arona had the OCU (Online Control Unit) replaced on Thursday and I’m glad to report that the car/satellite navigation system has worked faultlessly since so it is worth taking your car to the dealership so they can investigate your issue. When you do go armed with pictures in case they can’t find anything wrong.

Reactions: Tell
Jan 8, 2022
Hi Dunc85, my Arona had the OCU (Online Control Unit) replaced on Thursday and I’m glad to report that the car/satellite navigation system has worked faultlessly since so it is worth taking your car to the dealership so they can investigate your issue. When you do go armed with pictures in case they can’t find anything wrong.
That's great, thanks for the info.

Reactions: IanH72
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members