Burning smell/strange strong smell

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
How new is your car? My brothers Ibiza made all kind of smells to begin with but settled down after a few weeks. These were only noticeable at low speeds through the vents. Is the coolant still dropping after you had the radiator replaced?

Bout 18 months old, yeah it's all at low speeds. Haven't noticed it dropping again.

Sent from my fingers using Muscle power HD

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Smell still here. Seems to be in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears only. Seat keep saying they can't find anything wrong but I don't believe tem. The smell is really quite bad at times.

Any advice?

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
What can they do? Surely if there on the phone, it's pointless? Any tips welcome.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
I'd drop into the conversation that you are worried that it is a leak from your exhaust, which it could be, and as such it could contain carbon monoxide, i.e. play the health and safety card. Should make them sit up and listen, should it not?

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
I'd drop into the conversation that you are worried that it is a leak from your exhaust, which it could be, and as such it could contain carbon monoxide, i.e. play the health and safety card. Should make them sit up and listen, should it not?

Lmao

It's been happening for months now, they know I'd be dead by now lol

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
you may just have been lucky so far, you might be being slowly poisoned, how do they know that? there might not have been the right circumstances to poison you, it could be a ticking time bomb....

(honestly, if you want it fixed, and it sounds serious to me, then you need to resort to more serious discussions with them)

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Seat dealerships are not seat. They don't care and dont want warranty work because they get paid a flat rate from seat. Seat want happy customers. You phone up and complain to seat and then they put pressure on a dealership, worth going to another one though

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
Seat dealerships are not seat. They don't care and dont want warranty work because they get paid a flat rate from seat. Seat want happy customers. You phone up and complain to seat and then they put pressure on a dealership, worth going to another one though

Mostly agree with what's been said here... I found Seat Customer Services pretty slippery when I dealt with them though... Do agree that they should be able to put extra pressure on the dealer to treat your issue seriously, however.

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Been to another dealer and they say they can't smell It either.

I think I'm going mad, but have had several people ask what the burning smell is so I know not making it up.

What else can I do! Customer service said to
Bring it to another dealer, I did, and still the same result!!!!

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
crazy mate... I have the EXACT same issue!

like when it fully gets up to temp??

it stinks!!

took mine to the dealer and they found a split inner cv boot and it seems to have pissed everywhere causing it to stink when my heaters are on full!

did you get this sorted??

I do still get this smell mind but I am putting it down to the grease still been on some hot parts!

well I am hoping..

its a weird burny smell thow like plastic hot petrol

Last edited:

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Nope still no resolution. They say they've no idea although they can smell it themselves.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Still have the smell, thru admit they can smell it but can't diagnose it

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
I'll be honest and admit not reading the full thread so I apologise if you have already but have you tried contacting seat uk directly as that's what most other members have done with the 1.4tsi oil issue were dealers have said there's nothing wrong

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah. They just seem to be there to record the findings