Business is booming at Britain's Golden Garage

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
A SEAT service centre is seeing its business boom after it was crowned the best garage in Britain by the motor industry's regulatory body. Family-run SEAT workshop Kinghams of Croydon became the first ever winner of Motor Codes' prestigious 'Golden Garages' competition earlier this month.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

warren_cox

Back from the dead
What a great story!

Great to see a SEAT dealership leading the way, and a great testament to the other VAG garage that if you do the right thing you should be rewarded for it. I think it proves how much mediocrity there is in the industry for people to be flooding to them, and good for them.

I would rate my local Audi dealers 'service dept' at 4/10. They are conveniently located and can change oil & filters - that's it. Fix first time??? Wouldn't even know what that means!

kinghams

Thank you for the positive feedback guys.

EmDee, if perhaps you would like to contact me and we can discuss your grievances?

Keith Kingham

Croydonjohnny

Emdee is right. The Kinghams article is not true at all. First time fix? A courtesy call 3 days after your car has been in? Simply not true! I recently spent over £300 to have a problem fixed. The problem was not fixed. I phoned Kinghams to complain and was told I had paid for the labour and that they had tried their best to fix the problem but had not been able to. I have never felt so robbed. The article is misleading.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.