Buying advice (1.8Tsi FR)

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
So many variables to take into account my cars on 30000. Had a remap for 2000miles. I would expect anything from 50k to 80k as a rough guess. I dont ride the clutch and all my previous cars have been remapped diesels and i have never had clutch wear out so, make of that what you would. What is the car remmaped to

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. The reason being apr and revo test theyre cars and as you can see a stage 2 remap only adds like 5 hp and they dont offer a stage 3 because the 02s gearbox and 228mm clutch is not reliable going above 255hp and 380nm of torque. Also they use low torque maps on the leon to protect the transmission and clutch. Hope that helps

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
I was worried getting mine mapped but did loads of research there are very few upgrades for the leon 1.8tsi.
Stage 1 transforms the car by the way it flies. Only option is to get the 290 or 300 leon cupra im afraid. You could also look at the golf gti. All of the vag range struggle when pushed past stage 1 but in the higher power models there are upgrades available.

Parked_up

Aug 18, 2020
It's cool, I'd be happy with a standard model. I just saw it and thought this is the place to ask the question! Thanks for your help :)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
So many different answers to how long something can last lol, bit of an impossible question ini.
If an old granny is driving it and riding the clutch all the time could be dead in 20k, it is an impossible question. But on a stock car driven normally could be as little as 100k miles or 150k miles plus. Unfortunately my crystal ball is broken

Reactions: adam davies
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.