Buying advice please

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Hi all, so I've reserved this car and hopefully test driving next weekend.

CX68WYR-used-SEAT-LEON-HATCHBACK-2.0-TSI-190-FR-EZ-5dr-DSG-petrol-RED-2018-XC-M-15.jpg

Please can I get your thoughts on it? Price looks too good to be true! And is that really Desire Red? Looks so dull and flat. Thanks!

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Colours can often look a bit strange on screens, but you're right, that looks more like Emocion Red. Also, did they clean the interior with a used dishcloth?
All the wheel bolt covers are missing too....

Reactions: BlackHammer

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I have a desire red Leon and it doesn't look like that. As said I know photo's can alter the look but it really does look like Emocion Red.
Does seem relatively cheap. Make sure to get a HPI check on it to avoid any nasty surprises.

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Anyone know if Emocion red was available on a 68 plate? It actually says extras £660 metallic paint but I just can't see it....Already noticed it was part of the batch missing the DSG paddles as well..

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Does this help? Found by noodling about t'internet. Deffo looks a bit more like Desire Red in this one and the wheel bolt covers appear to be in place!
1.jpg

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Nice one, thank you Seriously? It definitely does look a bit more like Desire Red there. Maybe natural sunlight makes all the difference to these metallics. And yes, good shout about the bolt covers. Guessing this photo is when it was newer and being sold by SEAT but wonder why on earth would they be missing now?

I've never bought from one of these car supermarkets and do have my doubts but that price just lured me in. £2.5k cheaper than any other 2.0 tsi I have seen!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Guessing this photo is when it was newer and being sold by SEAT but wonder why on earth would they be missing now?
Wheel refurb?
I can confirm that Desire Red is a weird colour- it really pops in bright lighting conditions but can look pretty average as well.
20200623_145808.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Lighting conditions can make a massive difference to a car’s colour in pictures. Some colours are more sensitive to different lighting conditions than others and Desire Red may be one of those colours. I have some pictures of my car (not Desire Red) after I’ve carried out a full detail including machine polishing in both bright, sunny conditions and cloudy overcast conditions and it looks like I’ve photographed two different cars.

Based on the picture posted by @Seriously? which was taken in natural light, I’d say it’s Desire Red and not Emocion Red.

@BlackHammer - Wheel bolt covers can be quite a loose fit, so are prone to falling off, which might explain why they’re missing. Why else might they be missing? - the wheels may have been removed to have tyres replaced or if any work has been done on the brakes and the fitter might have forgotten to refit them before the pictures were taken. There’s also a chance they may have been taken by another less than honest Seat owner if they‘ve lost the covers off the wheel bolts on their car (yes, it does happen!).

I sometimes remove the bolt covers when I detail my car so I can clean the bolt holes in the wheels and the covers themselves, so that’s another possible reason. Anyway, they cost a few pence per cover if replacements are needed.

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Thanks so much for your input guys, I really appreciate it.
I was on the hunt for a Monsoon Grey or Magnetic Grey to start with but just cannot find anywhere around so started looking at the Desire Red as an alternative. Think I need to be patient and wait for the right one to come along.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Well the car has 30k miles, and seat wheel bolt covers tend to make a run for freedom by then..or they would have been discoloured anyway from the carwash (my experience) might as well just get new bolt covers. Seat from experience of having two, tend to come with Bridgestone, it appears the rears are still the original tyres, and the fronts have been replaced, at least with some decent Pirellis. From the mileage, it may be time to replace all 4 in one go, assuming the first set may have lasted 15-18k miles on fronts and the P7s are the 2nd set. I can possbily understsand the low price, it's done 30k for a 68 plate is quite high milege. Wonder why the owner didn't consider a diesel for 15k miles a year? I have a 68 plate Volvo V40 atm, it has only do 8k miles.

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Thanks @KXL, good to get another take on it. I guess I'm trying to work out why the price is low and what that would mean in the real world if I was to purchase so it's a good point about the tyres. These car supermarkets always seem to pick up cars with high mileage, so guess it comes with the territory and that's why I feel a little apprehensive at this point. Crazy since I've not even seen it in the flesh yet which is all important. Think I will take a look and see. Cheers!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Looks like a good buy. I'd go for it. Desire Red is the best colour on the Leon

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members