Cam belt change due

kevin1989

Jan 18, 2013
Walsall,West Midlands
Hi all as the tittle says my cambelt is due to be changed in January and wanted to know does that mean they will change water pump aswell it's been done at local dealers, and is there anything else that might be worth changing? I've heard people mention cam follower I've never had that changed in the time I've owned the car and that's coming up to 3 years, cheers guys

Kempy 81

Oct 12, 2015
you would need to tell them you want waterpump done as well mate I have always had to or they have asked if I want it changed as well

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Tell them if you want the water pump done at the same time, according to the fixed price servicing it should be £428 when both done at the same time (£299 + £229 separately).

Cam follower is a fairly simple job, it's definitely worth checking especially if the car has covered a fair distance.

Last edited:

kevin1989

Jan 18, 2013
Walsall,West Midlands
Cheers for clearing that up lads, I'll ring them up when I get 5 and get it booked in, and I don't do many miles myself the car has got 22k on clock so is it worth having cam follower changed I can't imagine it's been changed was only 2 years old when I bought it

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Cheers for clearing that up lads, I'll ring them up when I get 5 and get it booked in, and I don't do many miles myself the car has got 22k on clock so is it worth having cam follower changed I can't imagine it's been changed was only 2 years old when I bought it

I've changed one at 40k and 50k (on different cars, 4-5 years old) and both had minimal wear, only just worn through the black coating. As the fuel pump was off and I had the part I changed them anyway.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.