Can anyone recomend me new headlight bulbs?

Ibia FR 1.8T

Oct 4, 2007
Erskine
Hey guys, not wanting to go down the HID road but instead wanting to put better bulbs in my dipped beam. Had phillips blue vision years ago but i know there is night breakers etc.

Has anyone got some they can recomend that are better than the yellowy standard ones?
Also LED number plates bulbs?

Im going to use MTEC 501's as these are a really crisp white on my sidelights.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
philips xtreme vision are meant to be better

power bulbs is a good site for info

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
If you want more light then go for Philips xtreme vision (+100%) or Osram NightBreaker Plus (+90%). Don't buy the older NightBreakers as they had a reputation of doing just that, breaking at Night. The new ones are said to have a much longer life.

I've got the Philips Dipped and Osram main beam bulbs and you can see the difference from standard.

I bought them both from http://www.powerbulbs.com/ If you search the net you may find a code to give 10% off. ;) I can highly recommend them. :thumbup:

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
If you want more light then go for Philips xtreme vision (+100%) or Osram NightBreaker Plus (+90%). Don't buy the older NightBreakers as they had a reputation of doing just that, breaking at Night. The new ones are said to have a much longer life.

I've got the Philips Dipped and Osram main beam bulbs and you can see the difference from standard.

I bought them both from http://www.powerbulbs.com/ If you search the net you may find a code to give 10% off. ;) I can highly recommend them. :thumbup:

If you search a well known auction site you can pick up nightbreakers for around £15.
I don't know whether I have the older or newer versions, but I've had no issue with bulb life, they've been in for just over 12 months now.

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
I used to use Philips Vision Plus bulbs but changed to Osram Nightbreaker Plus and don't regret it. The Philips Xtreme's were a bit too much dosh TBH.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
If you search a well known auction site you can pick up nightbreakers for around £15.
I don't know whether I have the older or newer versions, but I've had no issue with bulb life, they've been in for just over 12 months now.

The older ones were just called NightBreakers. The new ones are named NightBreaker Plus.

shep0706

Aug 19, 2011
Darlington
I use osram nightbreakers in the current car (corsa) and they're really good. Definitely better than standards.

+1 on nightbreakers, I have them on my ibiza they give off so much more white light and a lot safer. Well worth the money i think i payed £12 for mine of FleaBay.

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
I use Halfords own Ultra Brilliance brightness bulbs and I've noticed a massive improvement - they're 120% brighter. Plus, they always seem to be buy one get one free, so it's circa £25 a pair! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.